Staff Cloud Full-Stack Engineer
Location: Bellevue, Washington US
Requisition Number: 201877
Position Title: Engineer (IV)-NoCal
Teradata in Bellevue seeks a Full Stack Software Engineer who has a real passion for developing reliable and scalable systems that our users love. This is a new initiative in Bellevue, and it is your chance to create experiences that make our users feel confident and powerful, all supported by self-operating, self-scaling, self-healing back-ends. This is a high visibility role that will make a large impact on the happiness of our customers and the future success of Teradata by way of use case expansion and top-line revenue growth. If you have experience delivering and operating services at scale in a Cloud environment, that is strongly preferred.
- Work backwards from the customer experience in all stages of design and development
- Design and implement APIs that allow effort to scale out and define clear division of responsibility
- Stitch together and automate mission critical components and own the customer’s self-service experience
- Deliver available, performant, scalable, operable services with tough SLAs to demanding customers across multiple deployment environments
- Measure things to understand them. Publish meaningful actionable metrics. You know that empirical evidence always wins over instincts and theories
- Advocate careful code reviews and thorough unit testing
- Demo progress to leadership and across teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field or equal experience)
- 8+ years professionally doing full-stack development and delivering results
- Knowledge working with automated deployments and source code/configuration management tools (such as GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, and similar)
- Experience with leveraging Jenkins for CI/CD to improve both quality and velocity
- Experience with NoSQL databases, especially AWS DynamoDB
- Experience with server-less deployment models such as AWS Lambda
What’s in it for you?
This job is an excellent opportunity to join a global, multi-billion dollar per year leader in data and analytics, working with the top companies in their industries. You will work at our Bellevue, Washington campus, a city rated one of the best places to live in America. Teradata offers excellent compensation and benefits that include unlimited PTO, matching 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, medical and dental insurances, and much more. Apply now to take the best next step in your career.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Cloud Full-Stack Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bellevue, Washington US