Cloud Full Stack Quality Engineering Lead
Location: Bellevue, Washington US
Requisition Number: 201875
Position Title: Engineer (IV)-NoCal
Teradata seeks a seasoned professional who knows releasing great software is more than reactive testing. You’re a software engineer by training, quality practitioner by trade. You obsess over software quality and consistently search for better, faster, and more inclusive ways to prove that Teradata software quality makes an impact. As the Quality Engineering Lead, you have experience delivering and operating services at scale in a Cloud environment. You’re anxious to lead an Agile team focusing on enabling our client’s end-to-end journey, including design reviews, backlog grooming, testing RESTful APIs, code reviews, and defining operational metrics and alarms.
- Delivering available, performant, scalable, operable services with tough SLAs to demanding customers across multiple deployment environments
- Building and maintaining Teradata’s CI/CD continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline to distribute software
- Integrating our CI/CD pipelines with GitHub to build, test, and monitor code
- Responsible for holding the high-quality bar by owning test automation, including reporting on quality progress to leadership and across teams
- Automating deployment to save time by reducing the risk of human error and downtime
- Measure things to understand them. Publish meaningful, actionable metrics. You know that empirical evidence always wins over instincts and theories
- Leveraging Jenkins for CI/CD to improve and enable high velocity, and quality development
- Build and contribute to a culture of quality by refining processes, building stakeholder buy-in, and mentoring peers
- Ensuring that the software engineering team go all-out for end-to-end test automation
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of professional full-stack testing experience
- Proven experience building, deploying and operating elastic microservices with AWS Fargate
- Current experience building software for direct customer use rather than in-house use (desirable)
What’s in it for you?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global, multi-billion dollar per year leader in data and analytics, working with the top companies in their industries. You will work at our beautiful Bellevue, Washington campus, rated one of the best places to live in America. Teradata offers first-rate compensation and benefits that include unlimited PTO, matching 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, medical and dental insurances, and much more. Apply now to take the best next step in your career.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Full Stack Quality Engineering Lead
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bellevue, Washington US