Senior Cloud Full-Stack Software Engineer
Location: Bellevue, Washington US
Requisition Number: 201871
Position Title: Engineer (III)-NoCal
The Teradata Cloud team in San Diego offers an attractive and incredible opportunity to be part of a start-up community where you can influence future success of Cloud-based analytics solutions and services. Teradata wants a Full Stack Engineer passionate about developing reliable and scalable systems and wants to build tools that drive automation. You boast a wide range of experience in developing software products and services using a variety of tools, frameworks, and environments. You own the gift for solving technology problems with practical and clear-cut solutions. As a Teradata Cloud teammate, you’ll learn and grow as you build new applications and infrastructure services from scratch using DevOps practices.
- Build and operate highly-scalable, fault-tolerant, elastic and secure services
- Build low-friction APIs, highly-responsive web UIs, intuitive CLIs, and the backend support
- Designing, building, and operating distributed complex software systems; as well as building end-to-end user service-oriented product experience
- Use professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, testing and operations
- Provide regular reporting on how Cloud architecture and application design are impacting development, quality, operations, and performance
- Coach and mentor junior Cloud engineers in software development techniques and Cloud development making them more effective product software engineers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field or equal experience)
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Demonstrated skill with at least one modern general-purpose programming language (like Java, C++, Node.js, Typescript, Go and Python)
- Experience with automated deployments and source code/configuration management tools (such as GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform, and similar)
- Extensive working experience with REST, Web Services, Linux, and Python development
- Familiarity with modern web frameworks and tools (such as Angular, React, Backbone, Sass, Webpack, Polymer, Closure, and Backbone)
What’s in it for you?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global, multi-billion dollar per year leader in data and analytics, working with the top companies in their industries. You will work at our sunny San Diego campus, one of the most desirable places in the world. Teradata offers first-rate compensation and benefits that include unlimited PTO, matching 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, medical and dental insurances, and much more. Apply now to take the best next step in your career.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Full-Stack Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bellevue, Washington US