Engagement Director - Federal Civilian
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 201834
Position Title: Consulting Director (II) â�� Business
Teradata- Think Big Analytics - Engagement Director Federal Civilian
The Engagement Director –ThinkBig Consulting leads the consulting activities for targeted accounts/customers in the assigned geography. Primary focus is driving revenue solutions that leverage data to achieve business-based outcomes for their clients. Services for the targeted customers will extend their Data and Analytic capabilities while leveraging Teradata’s technology solution components including; Analytics, Design Thinking, Data Science, Customer Journey, IOT and AI advisory outcomes based solutions are an integral part of our go-to-market strategy, and the ED-ThinkBig leads the Competency knowledge, revenue delivery and client satisfaction for projects with significant scale and business outcome. He or she develops and executes the revenue delivery plan and positions service offers for specific customer accounts. He or she is responsible for building senior level client relationships; managing the overall client engagement process; identifying business problems; scoping, pricing, and contracting of services; and collaborating with others to extend our capabilities.
- Creates demand for consulting services in new areas of client organization through business development efforts, focused on business outcomes.
- Leads and coordinates overall process for consulting services, including projects of significant scale, bringing in other specialists as needed.
- Brings deep industry and/or capability expertise to the account team in order to deliver ThinkBig solutions.
- Understands client business problems and develops POVs which articulate problems along with ThinkBig solutions.
- Builds relationships in new parts of the client organization to generate demand for solutions in new areas.
- Manages the overall revenue and delivery process for consulting services.
- Identifies opportunities which would require other specialized expertise and coordinates with internal resources to bring experts in as needed.
- Regularly meets with account team lead to discuss account strategy and future opportunities.
- Coaches and develops Project Managers and Consultants.
- Manages process of scoping, planning, costing, and pricing new projects.
- Develops Statements of Work for new projects; defines goals and objectives, client requirements, resources needed, budget, risks, and deliverables.
- Serves on consulting engagements as a thought partner and subject matter expert for the consulting delivery team and as a key relationship map for project sponsors.
- Engages with other account teams and Consulting Directors as needed to leverage expertise to help sell solutions to other clients.
- Maintains projections for pipeline of potential future engagements.
Skills & Attributes:
- Robust history of success in consultative selling, particularly in services
- Strong technical expertise in relevant areas
- Industry-specific knowledge
- Customer relationship management experience
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationship with senior client executives
- BS, MBA, or MS in business, technical or professional discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Continuous education in business strategies, design concepts and methodologies and/or technologies.
- Proven record of eight years minimum demonstrating the ability to manage a successful business and P&L.
- Minimum of eight years as an internal or external consultant with broad exposure and experience in a variety of circumstances and a proven record of success.
- Proven Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing / Advanced Analytics / Data Science experience of at least 5 years.
- Hands on experience in a number of business disciplines such as data warehousing / business intelligence, or Advanced Analytics related consulting services, business operations, project management, information technology, software development, marketing, and sales with a proven ability and record of success.
- Strong communications and presentation skills. Ability to positively present themselves, Teradata and consulting services to customer or prospects.
- Ability to recruit and retain key associates in management, presales and delivery positions.
- Ability to travel up to 80% in a virtual environment across the region and customer locations.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Engagement Director - Federal Civilian
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US