Senior Big Data Engineer
Location: Madrid, Madrid ES
Requisition Number: 201735
Position Title: PS Consultant (II)
As a Senior Big Data Engineer you will provide technical leadership to clients in a team that designs and develops path-breaking large-scale Big Data and Analytics solutions. You mentor our client on the state-of-the-art technologies and tools, covering the whole ecosystem from infrastructure and foundation ones (as Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Yarn, Kafka, Flume, Spark, and No-SQL databases), to the ones related to Data Governance, Data Pipelines, and Analytics tools.
You would also be requested to design and develop code, scripts, and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data integration from multiple sources, using Shell scripts, Java, C, Scala, Python and related languages, and your deep knowledge of the ecosystem environment. You may also participate in architecting and installing complex software environments. You may lead small teams and coordinate your team’s activities. You participate and lead customer workshops, and provide seniority and guidance on how to address our customer’s concerns, and tough leadership while delivering on our commitments.
Additionally, as a senior member of our Consulting team, you will help Think Big establish thought leadership in the big data space by contributing white papers, technical commentary and representing our company at industry conferences.
This position offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of the growing Big Data and Analytics market. The successful individual possesses knowledge of past and modern data architecture patterns, a strong sense of the art of the possible and, at the same time, can balance it with the requirements of large organizations to build reliable data environments. The right candidate is excited about working hands-on as well as providing strategic guidance to some of the biggest and most well-known organizations.
Main Responsibilities: Your main responsibilities are to deliver on our commitments and to advise organizations on how to make Big Data and Analytic technologies work for them. You will be invaluable member of our delivery teams working with the most ambitious customers.
Support Sales Activities: You may be requested to support the sales team in identifying opportunities, demonstrating our clients the benefits of modern data architectures, and to position Think Big as the trusted advisor of choice.
Develop customer relationship: As a Think Big ambassador in our clients you will develop deep relationships with stakeholders at all levels in their organizations. You proactively advise on needs and issues, and deriving actionable solutions. Provide patterns and strategies for common tasks.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with senior stakeholders. Strong verbal and written communication, with good exposure to working in a cross-cultural environment, and the ability to present comfortably in small audiences. Experienced in writing documents that communicate complex technical topics in an accessible manner.
- Experience with data architectures. Knowledge and experience of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data. Knowledge and experience of Big Data and/or Analytics technologies and tools, as the Hadoop ecosystem, Apache Hive, and Spark, among others. Experienced with data governance and security, data-related methodologies, and enterprise ones.
- At least some experience in other data platforms, such as relational database systems, data warehouses or other OLAP systems, and in delivering enterprise-level ETL pipelines, data workflows, migrations and lifecycles, is also requested.
- Experience in high-end enterprise environments. Understanding of Data Center concerns. Understanding on the topics that arise when working for large organizations.
Education and Experience:
- Seven years or more experience in relevant roles
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or other relevant degree.
- Consulting experience is considered a plus.
- Client facing experience.
- We offer a great package: competitive salary, discretionary bonus scheme (paid monthly), 23 days’ holiday, and a whole range of social benefits. We pay unbalanced attention to our people and you will enjoy a personalized and challenging development plan.
- We offer you a not average place to work: we are inspiring and passionate people. We may work hard at times, but always in a dynamic, relaxed and collaborative culture. We offer you the chance of joining a rapidly expanding organization with ambitious growth targets, where you can really make the difference and shape the future.
- Position is based in Madrid. However, we are often required to spend time on-site with our customers, mainly local but also international ones. You will be required to participate in travel-based work. English business-level is mandatory.
What do we do?
- Big Data Strategy: Roadmaps that prioritize the possible to create more value, and much sooner than you expect.
- Data Engineering: Solution design and delivery aligned to core business objectives.
- Analytics and Data Science: Deeper questions and new approaches to solve existing problems and seize new opportunities.
· Managed Services and Training: Management and optimization of Big Data systems to improve performance, and training to increase organizational adoption.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Big Data Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Madrid, Madrid ES