Staff Cloud Full Stack Engineer
Location: Bellevue, Washington US
Requisition Number: 201695
Position Title: Engineer (IV)-NoCal
Staff Cloud Full Stack Engineer
Teradata, the world's leading Data Analytics Company is looking for a software engineer who is passionate about building cloud services to join our Teradata Cloud team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will actively define and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
Teradata Cloud seeks a Full Stack Software Engineer to build and operate highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in a distributed system of hardware with varying reliability guarantees. As a full stack developer you will have the opportunity to build low friction APIs, highly responsive web UIs, intuitive CLIs and the backend to support them.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of hands-on software development experience.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one modern general-purpose programming languages like Java, C++, Node.js, Typescript, Go, Python, etc.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Familiarity with modern web frameworks and tools such as Angular, React, Backbone, Sass, Webpack, Polymer, Closure, Backbone, etc.
- Ability to build an end-to-end user experience as part of a service oriented product.
- A passion for cloud technology, API design, and responsive UX
- Experience designing, building, and operating distributed complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Familiarity with dev-ops software development methods.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience with Teradata technologies.
- Knowledge of relational database engines.
- Experience with Cloud services like AWS.
- Experience with Docker container related technologies like Kubernetes, Mesos, etc
- Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
- Experience with automated deployments and source code / configuration management tools - GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform, etc.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Cloud Full Stack Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bellevue, Washington US