Sr. Manager - Cloud Network Services
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 201676
Position Title: Sr Manager, Engineering
Is automation in your DNA? Are you excited about the limitless potential of Cloud solutions? If you are open to exploring new technologies and love the challenge of working in a highly distributed and dynamic hybrid Cloud environment, we want to hear from you! The Teradata IntelliCloud™ team in San Diego is looking for a Cloud Network Services Manager who is passionate about automating and leveraging DevOps principals to deliver a Network Platform as a Service. You will be instrumental in designing and operating a high-availability network environment that enables fast-paced development and deployments.
- Promoting and proactively creating DevOps culture and practices for continuously improving processes and customer satisfaction
- Working closely with developers to set measurable metrics and reporting for operational efficiency
- Designing and operating highly available software in large distributed and virtual environments
- Managing small- to medium-sized projects and assist in resolving issues and planning for new network services and connectivity
- Developing and supporting innovative solutions that leverage a wide variety of technologies in open source and the Cloud
- Building a high-performing DevOps team by mentoring, training and preparing for career progression and learning
- 8+ years of related technical experience working in enterprise-scale data center environment
- 5+ years in a full-time management role
- Experience working with Software-Defined Networking (SDN-WAN), and Network Configuration Automation (e.g., Scripting with Perl/Python/Bash or DevOps tools like Chef/Puppet/Ansible)
- Hands-on experience using networking monitoring tools (such as Solarwinds, Nagios, Wireshark)
- Extensive knowledge in Cisco technology and platforms (including Nexus 2K-9K, ASR, OTV, VCP)
- Experience with public and private Cloud technologies (like AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Kubernetes)
What’s in it for you?
Teradata offers you an excellent compensation and benefits package, including unlimited personal time off and the opportunity to live and work in one of the most desirable places in the world, sunny San Diego. You’ll also be part of a Company with a portfolio of Cloud-based business analytics solutions, architecture consulting, and industry-leading big data and analytics technology. Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies and great people.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Manager - Cloud Network Services
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US