Client Service Director
Location: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland NL
Requisition Number: 201370
Position Title: PS Partner (II)
A Consulting Director (CD) is responsible for the overall Think Big Analytics business development and delivery of Teradata Global Services for an Analytics opportunity, within an assigned account, accounts, or industry, playing a key role in account planning and execution, helping to redefine how to sell and deliver business-focused services to Teradata’s existing and new target customers, across both open source and commercial platforms, thereby contributing to business growth.
This position implies a strong interaction with the customer, working in a combination of physical and virtual office environments, including home, office, and customer site.
Local travel up to 70% is expected depending on the location of the candidate with respect to the customer(s) site(s).
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Gain understanding of a specific customer, including the business, industry, company profile, business plan and key initiatives of the organization.
- In conjunction with the Account Executive and other members of the account team (the “Sales Quad”), define and/or enhance the account plan and strategy including the development of Teradata core software revenue, and managing the funnel of Think Big Analytics opportunities.
- Engage with customers to outline how data drives value, and provide thought leadership - building strong and long-lasting relationships.
- Position and drive the sale of Think Big Analytics services, and serve as the lead Think Big Analytics negotiator for proposals and contracts.
- Work with Program Managers and Project Managers to provide scoping, planning, cost estimating, and pricing of Think Big Analytics engagements within the overall Consulting portfolio for their account, in conjunction with the Think Big Analytics Manager/Director.
- Manage and own the development of proposals for Think Big Analytics and related Statements of Work.
- Direct, manage, and support the execution and delivery of customer solutions from a services perspective, including the performance of project audits and quality checks, and participation in client steering committees. Be the point contact for issue resolution and managing escalations.
- Be responsible for the Think Big Analytics forecast, orders, revenue, profit, engagement planning, engagement execution, engagement quality, and client satisfaction.
- Work with Practice Leads and Resource Managers to staff projects appropriately and to ensure consultants have the required training and internal support to meet customer needs throughout the duration of the engagement.
- Work with Global Development Centers to properly engage offshore resources where appropriate.
- Select and manage appropriate project management approaches (Agile and/or Waterfall) based upon customer and project requirements.
- Direct solution implementation engagements, of moderate to high complexity, or a collection of multiple projects. Act as an Program Manager or Project Manager as required.
- Work together with the Practice Leads, reviewing team’s skills and capabilities. Provide coaching and recommend training/mentoring plans.
- Improve internal support to systems and processes, contributing to Delivery Excellence practice development.
Work with the appropriate project management methodology (Agile or Waterfall) based upon customer and project requirements.
BS, MBA, or MS in business, technical or professional discipline or equivalent work experience.
- An acknowledged and consolidated experience within the Data domain (Data Warehouse, BI, Data Management, Data Analytics, Advanced Analytics, Big Data, etc.), being able to create solid and trustful working relationships with customers, and understand their business strategy and priorities, and use Data & Analytics as an enabler to grow their business.
- Proven track record in running a complex business development program or account.
- Experience overseeing a portfolio of projects, including delivery of software and services.
- A Consulting Director Role Description & Technical Skills should be combined with their Staff Level Description to have a clear view of current and developing skill levels.
Community / Marketing Title: Client Service Director
Job Category: Services
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland NL