Ecosystem Architect - Finance
Location: Tokyo, Tokyo JP
Requisition Number: 201309
Position Title: PS Consultant (II)
Ecosystem Architect – International Architecture COE – Japan Finance
The ecosystem architect is responsible for leading the analytic ecosystem capabilities within Think Big Analytics Architecture practice and leading client discussions around evolving their analytic ecosystems. This includes eliciting high-level business requirements leading to an information, application and system architecture definition capable of realizing multiple individual products over time. This includes a functional understanding of technology choices, with the ability to differentiate capabilities and lead to choices across the required capabilities. The architect must lead conversations at all levels of the organization, from the C-level through and including the enterprise architects. This requires the ability to challenge constraints and recommend alternative choices backed with solid reasoning. Additionally, managing client constraints that may be unavoidable, due to existing investments, resources or other factors. The architect must understand and lead Teradata strategic vision of the Unified Data Architecture, and contribute to and utilize frameworks from Teradata’s Global Architecture Practices.
The ecosystem architect is responsible for defining the conceptual and logical architectures as required for responsible clients, along with some solution level architectures, as required. These can be as part of an architecture and planning service, architecture assessment or in the definition of an architecture as part of a bigger project/program.
The individual must have strong architecture consultant (or equivalent) experience in a related industry and have solution implementation experience. Additionally, the architect should be familiar with the concepts utilized within architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, with certification a plus.
Role will include ~80% client interaction requiring architecture expertise and travel when necessary. Consulting and professional services experience for this role is an absolute pre-requisite.
Education & Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related business degree.
- Hands-on professional services delivery experience
- 3+ years Architecture Consultant or comparable experience, preferred
- Certification in an architecture framework, such as TOGAF, is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to sell and deliver information internally or to customers
- Basic cross-functional understanding of vertical industries (e.g., Manufacturing, Financial, Insurance, Telecommunications, Travel, Retail, etc.) preferred
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Knowledge of analytic architecture concepts and tools, including Teradata’s Reference Information Architecture
- Knowledge of Teradata’s Unified Data Architecture (UDA)
- Excellent presentation and delivery skills, with ability to influence decision makers.
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to build alignment between organizations in a cross-functional teaming environment
Community / Marketing Title: Ecosystem Architect - Finance
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, Tokyo JP