Director of Engineering
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 201302
Position Title: Director, Engineering
Teradata Analytics Platform is used as an analytics platform for mission critical applications. Customer adoption of this platform is driving the need for expansion of the Teradata Analytics Platform strategy. This leadership position leads the Teradata Analytics Vantage Platform engineering efforts. The position will manage the Teradata Vantage Platform R&D efforts including DB Kernel, Optimizer and DB tools teams. This position requires strong leadership skills along with experience in technology stack and advanced analytics algorithms. This position will report to the Senior Director of Teradata Vantage Platform based in the Santa Clara, USA office location.
As a Director of Engineering, you will become a key member of the Teradata Vantage team, creating Teradata's next generation of analytics and cloud-based product offerings. This position is a technical leadership role focusing on delivering projects in the Teradata Vantage team. This includes Teradata cloud development, and 4D Analytics Framework.
Your Business Objectives would include:
This fast-paced high-tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out
Of the box thinking to move our state of the art advanced analytics technology to the next level.
- Define the roadmap for Vantage Platform and the execution to the roadmap. Hold accountability to delivering a quality product
- Evaluate and rewrite existing Analytic functions to be extremely parallel
- Collaborate with Architecture and Product Management on implementation semantics and participate in engineering processes
- Work with Strategic Product Manager and Marketing to provide technical consulting services for pre- and post sales teams to include content generation and internal and external presentations
- Facilitate cross organizational collaboration of product definitions and designs for development teams to leverage
- Identify and coordinate adoption of technology across Teradata development teams
- Research customer needs and requirements with Product Management
- Represent technology and solutions to customer and prospects
- Facilitate a fun and learning environment which is agile and customer focused
This position requires both broad and deep knowledge of Vantage Platforms, analytics practices and technology including parallel processing, micro services concepts, APIs, tools and integration techniques. The person in this role will possess good presentation skills and the ability to communicate with various levels of management and technical staff. The ideal candidate has:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
• Excellent leadership skills
• Ability translate business requirements in technical requirements
• Experience providing leadership and direction to architects and engineers
• Experience designing and developing enterprise scale applications and interfaces for IoT/AoT
• Experience with Cloud platforms including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS
- Experience with Billing, Metering, API’s, API G/W to enable SaaS
- Experience with Timeseries, Digital Twin, and complex database eco-systems
• Experience with Virtualization technologies
• Experience with Networking and architecting connectivity solutions
• Experience with Systems management and automation
• Experience with DevOps methodology and enabling solutions
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Test-Driven Development best practices
Location: Santa Clara, Ca. or San Diego, Ca.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: Santa Clara
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US