Senior Manager of Information Security Operations
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 201281
Position Title: IT Manager (I)
If you want to be a key part of establishing and growing a large, global cloud and data analyics organization, then this opportunity may be for you. Teradata Corporation is a leader in delivering high power analytics to companies driving improved results and transformational capabilities. Our corporate security team is at the heart of ensuring we deliver our analytics solutions to our customer’s analytic ecosystem wherever they deploy our technology (on premises, managed cloud or public cloud). We are actively driving toward next generation service capabilities building on our already best in class services and consultants. We are helping customers determine how to maximize the opportunities enabled by cloud and how to successfully navigate towards the cloud mandates that many of our large, global customers have in place.
The Senior Manager of Information Security Operations will leverage broad technical knowledge of the security threat analysis and experience in managing the security operations centers. This individual will partner with the leader of investigations to build the orchestration technology and procedures to provide automation of incident analysis in real time to react to common threats, ignore false threats and escalate real threats.
Efficient security operations are vital to the ongoing health of Teradata systems. This individual will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of our Security Operations team. Creating security operations metrics and providing monthly executive reporting.
The ideal candidate will have experience and proven track record of running a security operations center and organizing the day-to-day activities of the team. Implementing continuous improvement of systems and operations, mentoring staff and maximizing the efficiency of the team. As a key member of the security team flexibility and broad knowledge of security processes, along with strong communication and collaboration skills will result in a successful candidate.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Manage team of security experts and provide hands-on expertise over the following areas of information security:
Security Operations Center
- Lead team of 24x7 security operations center (SOC) monitoring
- Responsible for global corporate wide security event monitoring
- Establish and maintain security event logging and correlation architecture
- Develop enabling SIEM technology requirements and drive successful implementation
- Develop enabling anomaly detection technology requirements and drive successful implementation
- Guide processes to integrate multiple sources of threat data including system and network logs, threat feeds and behavioral changes
- Implement capabilities for analysis of correlated information sources
- Use the integrated information to detect and respond to system attacks
- Manage the resources in the SOC with regards to detection, response, mitigation, and reporting of cyber threats
- Maintain an understanding of the current vulnerabilities, response, and mitigation strategies used in security operations
- Prepare and maintain Security Operation Center work instructions and procedures
- Create and maintain key operational metrics, dashboards for SOC operations and presentation for senior management
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires the ability to travel international and the ability to work within a 24x7 options environment.
- BS degree in related field preferred. Equivalent experience/certification acceptable.
- 3+ years of demonstrated leadership in information security and security operations
- 7+ years hand-on experience in information security, security operations, threat monitoring
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CCSP, CEH, PMP, GCIH, GSEC
- Experience managing outsourced security operations
- Proven track record of security leadership in investigations and identity management
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting & interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Effective communication skills to translate technical risks and exposures to a business perspective - formal reports and/or presentations
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager of Information Security Operations
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US