Senior Manager Security Engineering
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 201279
Position Title: Manager, IT
If you want to be a key part of establishing and growing a large, global cloud and data analytics organization, then this opportunity may be for you. Teradata Corporation is a leader in delivering high power analytics to companies driving improved results and transformational capabilities. Our corporate security team is at the heart of ensuring we deliver our analytics solutions to our customer’s analytic ecosystem wherever they deploy our technology (on premises, managed cloud or public cloud). We are actively driving toward next generation service capabilities building on our already best in class services and consultants. We are helping customers determine how to maximize the opportunities enabled by cloud and how to successfully navigate towards the cloud mandates that many of our large, global customers have in place.
The Senior Manager Security Engineering will leverage broad technical knowledge of the security technologies and experience in developing requirements, researching, and managing security technologies. This is a global role with responsibility for Teradata security technologies for all business units.
The ideal candidate will have experience and proven track record of analyzing the requirements for security technology, track trends and understand best practices, experience in matching requirements to best in class technology and guide organization through successful implementation. As a key member of the security team flexibility and broad knowledge of security processes, along with strong communication and collaboration skills will result in a successful candidate.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Direct hands-on expertise in the following areas of information security:
- Evaluate endpoint security strategy and architecture.
- Develop requirements for endpoint security technologies and evaluate providers
- Evaluate security monitoring technologies
- Collaborate with team members to determine the best possible solution.
- Drive acquisition and implementation of technology improvements
- Develop the supporting processes to ensure effectiveness of technologies
- Develop, maintain and report on metrics of successful implementation
- Participate in the review and analysis of internal projects and external requirements that may have an impact on security
- Be aware of the IT security requirements for the business and implement measures to satisfy those requirements in the most efficient manner.
- Keep abreast of emerging security technologies and make appropriate recommendations regarding their implementation.
- BS degree in related field preferred. Equivalent experience/certification acceptable.
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience in information security roles
- 2+ years managing and implementing security technologies
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CCSP, CEH, PMP, GCIH, GSEC
- Extensive Experience in:
- IT security industry trends and direction
- Information security audits
- Network and internet security
- Emerging technologies
- IT standards, procedures, policy
- Information security management
- Information security technologies
- Information security architecture
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting & interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Effective communication skills to translate technical risks and exposures to a business perspective - formal reports and/or presentations
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager Security Engineering
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US