Technical Consultant: Teradata
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Requisition Number: 201247
Position Title: Glob Deliv Ctr Consultant (II)
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Position Title: Teradata Developer
Job Category: Permanent
Teradata has numerous positions available for Associate consultant, consultant and senior consultant level data warehouse technical positions within the Teradata Global Consulting Center India organization. This is a project oriented position in either onsite or offsite situations having accountability for managing client expectations while delivering the services and solutions associated with the Teradata database. The Consultant provides technical services related to analysis, design, build, performance tuning, testing and integration of all components of the Business Intelligence solution in conjunction with other project team members on a specific client engagement.
- Engineering Graduate
- Minimum of 5 years of Teradata Development Experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term
Technical Skill Set Required
- Teradata 14.10+, TTU 14.10 and above, Physical design, Application Development, Stored Procedures, Scheduling Tools, Performance Optimisation and UNIX
- Good in Teradata Stored Procedure Language
- Good knowledge of Database tuning, physical design and in-DB application development.
- Understanding/exposure to GCFR will be a plus point.
- Good documentation skills.
- Experienced in any of the Configuration and Scheduling tools preferably Control-M.
- Strong Requirement Elicitation & Analysis skills
- Should have the capability to understand requirements and convert to design
- Ability to coordinate with SMEs, stakeholders, manage timelines, escalation & provide on time
- Good knowledge in Teradata concepts and Logical/physical database design
Key Areas of Responsibility
- This individual will be responsible for High End solution design, Architecture, integration, and transformation, database design and development (logical / physical) and tool implementation related to data warehousing in the retail industry (responsibility level will be commensurate with the position level and will begin in a learning mode).
- Interface with Teradata engineering staff and Client as needed to resolve highly complex technical issues
- Specify, demonstrate and scope TERADATA solutions that deliver business value to the client / prospect.
- Transfer knowledge and expertise to other TERADATA professional services associates.
- Provide technical expertise to data warehouse clients that will contribute to innovative business solutions.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Consultant: Teradata
Job Category: Services
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN