Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 201218
Position Title: Software Engineer (II)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate or Post graduate in Computer Science or related field.
- 2 to 5 years solid programming experience in C/C++
- Experience and good understanding of implementation of Linux applications.
- Strong debugging experience in Linux OS
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, & peer review tools
- Strong analytical abilities involving complex software in a parallel processing environment
- Experience in architectural design and implementation of recovery/session failover, Query failover, retry and resubmit is desirable.
- Ability to understand product features and functionalities from design documents and analyzing code modules.
- Experience working with Relational Databases (RDBMS) and SQL a plus.
- Software debugging experience in Unix/Linux O/S.
- Ability to follow documented specifications and plans with some supervision
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for finding defects and resolving defects in Unity.
- Responsible for design, code and test of feature enhancements.
- Participate in design, code, test and documentation of feature enhancements as needed.
- Aptitude for understanding complex software from the functional and technical perspective.
- Report progress against objectives on periodic basis
- Responsible for supporting Unity with the Teradata DBS software on all supported platforms.
- Work with engineering team members to isolate and resolve problems related to the Unity features in recovery/session failover, routing implementation, Query failover, retry and resubmit in general.
- Participate in planning, design, code, test, and documentation of software components according to a standard development process.
- Candidate will be expected to work closely with team leader, project manager, team members as well as members of other development organizations.
- Individual Contributor
- Works with project team members, reports to engineering manager
- Software Support and Development
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- The following skills are desirable but not required:
- Teradata database knowledge
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN