Requisition Number: 201170
Position Title: Glob Deliv Ctr Consultant (II Sr)
Platform Engineer :
Systems Engineering Practice is the part of Data Foundation Practice. This practice is responsible to help our customers in the following areas but not limited to -
- Define infrastructure requirements for platform software components deployment
- Determine the deployment strategy, processes and sequence for platform software components
- Consult and design with the customer and the Delivery teams on the correct Infrastructure design and scoping near term and long term infrastructure requirements
- Evaluate and assess current Infrastructure environments, determine corrections or augmentation requirements in line with requirements
- Proper best practices approach to platform software distribution
- Proper configuration assessments and performance tuning
- Configure and Optimize; Open Source tools and products not included in a Hadoop
- High Availability solutions – to provide a more fault tolerant environment
- This role requires the ability to provide guidance and direction to the customer in the deployment and operation of the engagement’s infrastructure platforms.
- Installation, configuration and optimization of Hadoop platforms and other associated Big Data technologies.
- Installation and configuration of different Hadoop distributions and its upgrade.
- Troubleshoot environment issues.
- Determine the requirements for a customer deployment to allow collaborative effort with the engineering and development teams, including both Teradata and customer teams and stakeholders.
- Perform impact analysis and compatibility of different Hadoop tools and technologies.
- Participate in the delivery of IP assets for use by the practice to minimize the delivery time
- Conduct research and determine recommendations for performance and operational improvements.
- Work with Teradata customers/PS on implementing Hadoop Security
- Implement, install and configure best security best practice
- Contribute to Knowledge Management – Re-usable Assets, Adoption of new tools/technologies
- Assist in Practice growth
- Readiness to travel
- 5+ years total IT experience with strong technical background and 3-4 years in Big data platform management focusing on Admin, installation, configuration.
- Knowledge of the major Hadoop Distributions (Hortonworks, Cloudera, Apache Foundation) installation and compatibleness with other technologies
- Should have good understanding of technical systems, including enterprise, distributed and n-tier systems across multiple domains
- Experience in upgrading the Big Data environment.
- Solid understanding the security aspect of Big Data ecosystem.
- Should have very good proficiency with Linux / Unix OS.
- Should be able to work with Infrastructure Team / DevOPS and other IT stake holders.
- Experience with migrating legacy systems to Big data environments using Big Data ETL tools
- Understanding of any RDBMS technologies, including Teradata, MS-SQL, Oracle, IBM DB2, and MySQL.
- Experience of coaching junior team members
Nice to have Experience:
- Hadoop Certification of at least 1 Hadoop distribution (Hortonworks, Cloudera, MapR) in Administration
Community / Marketing Title: Platform Engineer
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN