Senior Technical Associate
Requisition Number: 201072
Position Title: Glob Deliv Ctr Consultant (I Sr)
Managed and supported 24x7 production databases as well as development databases to ensure maximum availability of database resource for various applications.
- He should perform the DBA related tasks in key areas of System Administration, Database Administration, Backup, Archive & Restore Management, Performance Management & Reporting
- Perform capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning, Strategies defined for backup/recovery techniques, and problem determination and resolution.
Managing the Production/Development databases in the following areas
- Space Management
- Security Management
- User Management
- Backup and Recovery
- Performance Tuning
- Performance monitoring using PMON and Teradata Manager .
- Exposure to Teradata tools like Teradata Administrator/Queryman/TSET etc.
- User/objects & access rights management as per Teradata Best practices.
- Exposure to backup and restore process using Veritas netBackup(TARA)/netvault/Tivoli etc.
- Exposure to manage the development/QA boxes.
- Exposure as an Development DBA.
- Well conversant with various ticketing system/production change request/ Teradata Incident management.
- Exposure to MVC,Capacity planning and performance Management.
- Exposure to troubleshoot the FastLoading / Multiloading/ FastExport/ BTEQ/ TPump errors, should be good at error handling.
- Exposure to TASM/TDWM
- Exposure to DWH Env (Knowledge of ETL/DI/BI Reporting).
- Engineering Graduate
- Minimum of 2 years of DBA experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis with the team.
- Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term
Skills & Attributes
- Working experience as an DBA in Teradata or Oracle
- Should have worked in Unix platforms.
- Good presentation, communication skills.
- Good team player and ability to mentor small groups
- Should be able to lead a small team.
Desirable Skills :-
- Understanding of LDM/PDM
- Understanding of Normalization and De-normalization concept
- Ability to write efficient SQL & exposure to query tuning.
- Should have good working knowledge on UNIX shell scripting.
- Should have good understanding of data archive/restore policies.
- Should be good at automating various processes.
- Should be good at users/objects/rights management.
Some experience in an environment where ETL/BI tools such as Informatica,DataStage,OWB,Hyperion, Business Objects, SAS, and Microstrategy were an important part of the environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Associate
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN