Director, HR Business Partner - Global Development Center (GDC)
Requisition Number: 200969
Position Title: HR Director
Location: Mumbai or Pune, India
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata believes that analytics and data unleash the potential of great companies and our mission is to empower companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics at scale and on our industry leading technology foundation.
The Human Resources Go-to-Market (GTM) team is expanding and building capabilities to further drive our transformation agenda, and we are seeking highly skilled, business-minded, experienced HR practitioner and leader to support/partner with the Global Think Big Analytics - Global Development Centers.
Our Global Delivery Center focuses on partnering with our Go-to-Market teams to support the sale of business-led offers through scalability and adaptability, improve our customers experience through service excellence, and enabling a world class employee experience through a culture of innovation, collaboration and teamwork.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Human Resources for Global Think Big Analytics, this position will serve as the Global HRBP for the Think Big Analytics GDC organization, comprising roughly 2,400 globally dispersed Delivery Center employees in the following locations: US, Czech Republic, Pakistan, India and the Philippines. This role will serve as the primary interface with the client group leadership team, to provide solutions and advise on a wide range of both strategic and day-to-day human capital matters. The senior HR leader operate as a “business consultant” and serve as credible, trusted advisors to provide solutions and recommendations to enhance operational effectiveness and ultimately drive improved business outcomes. This role sits as participating member of both the Global Think Big Analytics GDC Leadership Team, and also the Global Think Big Analytics HR Leadership team, and participates on regional and India HR leadership teams.
We are seeking well-rounded HR professionals who have extensive experience and expertise acquired by working in multiple, high-quality environments and high-quality HR organizations where HR played an integral role in the execution of the business strategy. Working in partnership with our COEs (Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, HR Technology, etc.) these individuals require individuals with a global perspective who can draw upon their professional breadth and depth, as well as their ability to influence and inspire (requiring exceptional communication skills) to measurably contribute and accelerate the achievement of our business objectives.
What we are looking for:
As part of a broader company transformation and under new HR leadership with a new vision for human capital, this role is pivotal in driving a new culture and standard across the organization, as well as within the HR team. These positions offer an opportunity enabling our GDC business, talent and culture globally.
- These positions are the “next generation” of the HR Business Partner, working side-by-side with their business units or functional executives driving Organizational Effectiveness (OE) drawing upon extensive business and HR acumen to provide advice and counsel as a partner to the business leaders and client group
- Lead and set the priorities for HR within your client group, working in partnership with other members of GTM HR team, Regional HRBP’s, generalists and COEs
- Help set and deliver against the Regional HR and client group business objectives; being accountable for results
- Implementing and adapting corporate, regional or client group programs
- Roll up your sleeves focus with regional clients to establish, deploy and execute upon business process, strategy and capability building; aligning, and executing together with Country HR team members to drive and deploy with clients across region.
- Support M&A, integrations, and reorganization activities as required
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
The position requires a Bachelors degree in business, human resources management, organizational develop or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, and 8-10 years of progressive leadership experience as an HR Business Partner or COE leader, including global program deployment responsibilities. The position requires experience working in high-quality environments where the work exposed and required you to performance a wide variety of approaches, practices, systems and thinking, including experience in mid-to-large, global companies. The desired candidates will have held a similar position in the past and experiences supporting and leading HR and business transformation and change across a sales organization.
Your Critical Skills:
- Candidates must have experience leading HR strategy through execution for a globally dispersed an sizable Consulting Delivery Center organization; brings contemporary and best practice organizational design, process improvement and overarching talent and organizational global delivery center experience and success track record.
- You have deep knowledge and broad knowledge of HR practices, principles and procedures based on working closely with colleagues across the HR function (talent, performance, compensation, compliance, etc.), regional country HRBP’s and generalists, and internal partners (Legal, Finance, etc.)
- Experience designing and implementing talent strategies aligned with business strategies
- Experience working in environments that drove excellence, held high standards and took a practical, but creative/innovative approach to human capital
- Experience managing projects, including defining scope, managing budgets, driving deliverables, meeting deadlines and managing competing priorities
- Well-developed analytical skills and problem-solving skills, and the ability to “connect the dots” between the business needs and how we can best meet those needs
- Strategic orientation and critical thinking skills with ability align and integrate disparate talent management programs embracing the global approach, and regional focus with respect toward localization and business applicability
- Advanced interpersonal, listening and communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills, and a track record of effectively communicating with and influencing at all levels, including providing critical feedback and the ability to help our executives, managers and employees navigate through difficult situations
- Experience successfully managing change and promoting innovation and continual improvement
- The ideal candidate will have experience in high tech and/or professional services and experience in both small, entrepreneurial enterprises and large, multi-national companies, demonstrating the ability to operate in both environments
In addition to these critical skills, to be effective in the role, candidates must:
- Have a strategic mindset and understand the business and how HR can influence the business, but also enjoys rolling up their sleeves; we call this “zooming in and zooming out”
- Have a strong sense of pride, accountability and ownership and a high-quality and continuous improvement orientation
- Be highly organized, detail oriented and a stickler for accuracy
- Be highly collaborate and have a track record for working in a matrix environment and successfully operate across organizations and levels
- Have a point of view and the confidence/courage to (appropriately) challenge assumptions, coupled with a high level of professionalism and the sophistication and finesse to push through issues while maintaining relationships
- Be a logical, linear thinker, who doesn’t take things at face-value, but is also creative and can develop solutions which consider both facts and circumstances (form and substance, context and content)
- Possess and demonstrate exceptional judgment, self-management, impeccable ethics, and a high degree of personal and professional maturity
- Be results and customer oriented; views obstacles as opportunities, tenacious
- Be resourceful, thrive is a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Be curious, a continuous learner and a student of our business, human resources and HR technology and regulations to both maintain current knowledge, but also to ensure compliance
- Have experience working with modern HR technology (Workday, Oracle, etc.) and strong Office skills, as well as be willing to travel occasionally
This is an ideal role for a high performer who is looking for their next opportunity and interested in building, but not from scratch and at scale, in an environment where we are investing in our people and people practices. Our preference is for candidates that can “hit the ground running” and bring experience in the ecosystems we operate in - high tech industry and/or professional services, however, this is a strong preference but not absolutely required. What’s most important for all positions in our HR team is that the individual have strong fundamentals in HR, is good thinker, is highly accountable, holds themselves and others to a high standard and is passionate about what they do. We call it the right “DNA.”
Community / Marketing Title: Director, HR Business Partner - Global Development Center (GDC)
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Powai Mumbai, Maharashtra IN