CSR Manager - Database
Requisition Number: 200941
Position Title: CSR Manager (I)
Title: DBS Team Manager
Teradata Global Support Organization is seeking a Manager to lead a team of Product Support Engineers responsible for providing 24/7 technical support for Teradata database. This team is also chartered to incubate modern support strategies and methodologies such as Knowledge Centered Support, Online Forum, Self-Service, closely integrated Support/Engineering collaboration model to enable customer self-service, deliver faster resolution and achieve the best customer experience on using Teradata technologies.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of the Teradata database and its associated tools and platforms along with the ability to clearly articulate support decisions and findings. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative, support analyst who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Lead the technical support team responsible for providing 24/7 support for Teradata Database.
• Lead team on piloting modern support strategies and methodologies and advocate to other teams.
• Lead analysis of customer incidents to reduce time to resolve and eliminate if possible.
• Strong sense of talent development and retention
• Be responsible for continuously evaluating existing support tools, processes and procedures to identify opportunities for improvement on support efficiency and effectiveness, both short term and long term, for the team and the organization.
• Accountable for managing and coaching team members to create an engaging environment of high performance and continuous professional development.
Skills & Attributes:
• Proven strong people management skills and the ability to plan, lead, and manage multiple competing complex projects.
• Results oriented with strong analytical skills and business acumen.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, both verbal and written.
• Strength in problem solving methodologies and workflow
• Capable of presenting problem resolution process, rout cause analysis, and activities underway in technical and tactical terms to customer facing teams and customers when warranted.
• Able to work cross-functionally with other internal and external partner organizations.
• Able to leverage practical means for influencing people without having direct authority.
• Seasoned in recruitment of candidates for technical positions.
• Knows when to defer decisions to technical leads.
• Knows to recognize and distinguish performance, capable of providing constructive feedback.
• Established background in managing complex software product customer support for large companies, 24/7 worldwide.
• BE/BTech/ME/MTech in Computer Science or other technical discipline
• 8+ years of engineering project management experience and/or customer support experience
• 2-3 years of team leadership experience
• Good understanding of Teradata product knowledge
• Solid people skills.
• 24x7 operation may require working alternate shifts or being part of an on-call rotation
• Global organization
• Some travel will be required
• International travel may be required
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: CSR Manager - Database
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN