Location: Mexico City, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 200915
Position Title: Consulting Director (I) â�� Business
- Gain understanding of a specific customer, including the business, industry, company profile, business plan and key initiatives of the organization.
- In conjunction with the Account Executive and other members of the account team (the “Sales Quad”), define and/or enhance the account plan and strategy including the development of Teradata core software revenue, and managing the funnel of Consulting Services opportunities.
- Engage with customers to outline how data drives value, and provide thought leadership - building strong and long-lasting relationships.
- Position and drive the sale of Teradata Consulting Services, and serve as the lead Consulting Services negotiator for proposals and contracts.
- Work with Executive Program Managers and Project Managers to provide scoping, planning, cost estimating, and pricing of Consulting Services engagements within the overall Consulting portfolio for their account, in conjunction with the Services Director/Manager.
- Manage and own the development of proposals for Consulting Services and related Statements of Work.
- Be responsible for the Consulting Services forecast, orders, revenue, profit, engagement planning, engagement execution, engagement quality, and client satisfaction.
- Work with practice leads and Resource Managers to staff projects appropriately and to ensure consultants have the required training and internal support to meet customer needs throughout the duration of the engagement.
- Work with Global Development Centers to properly engage offshore resources where appropriate.
- Select and manage appropriate project management approaches (Agile and/or Waterfall) based upon customer and project requirements.
- Work together with the practice leads, reviewing team’s skills and capabilities. Provide coaching and recommend training/mentoring plans in conjunction with the Delivery Excellence practice.
- Improve internal support to systems and processes, contributing to Delivery Excellence practice development.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- An acknowledged and consolidated experience within the Data domain (Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Data Management, Data Analytics, Advanced Analytics, Big Data, etc.), being able to create solid and trustful working relationships with customers, and understand their business strategy and priorities, and use Data & Analytics as an enabler to grow their business.
- Exceptional consulting skills in communicating, establishing of strategic direction, influencing others, negotiating skills, operational decision making, problem solving, facilitating and managing meetings, and questioning and probing.
- Prior experience managing large cross functional teams of consulting resources including a virtual workforce and matrix practice structure and supporting departments.
- Minimum of seven years as an internal or external consultant with broad exposure and experience in data-related services, analytics and business content, within a variety of circumstances and proven record of success. Typically, this position is also labeled as Engagement Manager, Client Partner, Client Services Partner, etc.
- Proven track record in running a complex business development program or account.
- Experience overseeing a complex portfolio of projects, including delivery of software and services.
- Highly skilled in organizational politics, value proposition development, solution selling, focusing on the customer, sales ability / persuasiveness, and business needs analysis.
- Excellent customer executive and senior level relationship building capabilities.
- Experience with different approaches for implementation of Data & Analytics solutions, including Program and Project Management, incorporating Agile and Waterfall development practices and of governance requirements for each one.
- Good understanding of MPP Eco-system architectures, services, solutions and products (commercial and open-source), with preference knowledge or exposure, on Teradata products and solutions.
BS, MBA, or MS in business, technical or professional discipline or equivalent work experience.
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Consulting Director
Job Category: Services
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX