Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 200819
Position Title: Software Engineer (II)
Job Description for Software engineer
COME AND JOIN THE BIG DATA REVOLUTION
We are looking for a professional software engineer to work at our prestigious Teradata R&D Labs at Hyderabad to be part of Teradata’s database internals team.
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, we help over 1,400 customers leverage their data like never before. Our people are the heart of our success. We are passionate about what we do. We ask questions. We know our customers intimately. We think differently. You can, too. If You love technology and what it can do. You have a global mindset, and want a dynamic place where capability and creativity merge … where your talents shine, where your future is yours to shape, where your innovations make the world better.
With primary development center in Hyderabad, and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune the team is in excess of 500 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack and its Unified Data Architecture. The Labs team in India work on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, both on the server and client side of the Teradata’s world renowned database platform, Aster, Hadoop, Teradata’s cloud offerings and performance engineering
Sound appealing? Then, you belong with us – Teradata.
Fast-paced, flexible, fun. That describes our work environment… a place to brainstorm with the best data minds, engage customers and surprise yourself with what’s possible, every day.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
Role & Responsibilities
- Responsible for enhancing and supporting Graphical Debugger for Teradata database.
- Responsible for enhancing and supporting Applet and JWS based GUI tool used for upgrade and configuring Teradata.
- Design, develop, code, test & debug system software
- Technical support to customers or customer facing personnel
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience, preferably in R&D based teams
- Solid programming experience in developing eclipse plugins
- Knowledge/experience on plugins like Eclipse's C/C++ development Tool CDT
- Solid programming experience in Java (more emphasis on Swings, AWT, Applets)
- Very strong understanding and working knowledge in Java Swing framework
- Strong knowledge and practical experience in Java Web Start
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, & peer review tools
- Strong analytical abilities involving complex software in a parallel processing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Angular 4
- Agile methodology and Scrum
- Understanding of RDBMS concepts
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN