Cloud Distributed Systems Engineer
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 200723
Position Title: Software Engineer (II)
Cloud Distributed Systems Engineer
Teradata Managed Cloud provides the world’s leading data warehousing, analytics, and Hadoop capabilities as a managed, secure, scalable solution to Teradata customers. If you like working on a dynamic team developing customer-facing features that provide highly complex functionality in a simple, intuitive way, then you would want to explore our opportunity.
You will actively define and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
As a Distributed Systems Engineer, your focus will be on designing, building, deploying, and operating fault tolerant, elastic, scalable, and secure micro services and APIs on the cloud
Attributes of successful candidates
• Eat, sleep, and breathe services. You have experience balancing live-site management, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt
• You are passionate about CAP theorem, can sketch out four different consistency models and defend each of them, and understand Paxos algorithms at an implementation level
• Excited by building reliable, self-healing services on reliable and unreliable hardware
• Has an ownership mindset and can deliver tasks end to end
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, or relevant work experience
• Demonstrated proficiency in Linux, hands on Bash scripting and related debugging
• Good understanding and preferred working knowledge of public clouds such as AWS or Azure.
• 2-5 years of hands-on software development experience
• Strong CS fundamentals including data structures and object-oriented design
• Excellent programming skills in Java or Python
• Experience with relational databases and NoSQL/distributed databases, with understanding of tradeoffs
• Strong understanding of internet protocols (HTTP, DNS, TCP, and UDP) and building RESTful web services.
• Has worked on build and deployment processes, tools and infrastructure automation using Ansible, Puppet etc.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, can come up with optimal solutions quickly
• Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development
• Experience embedding security controls and processes into the DevOps workflow
• Familiar with the challenges surrounding efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex distributed systems
• Experience with Teradata.
• Experience with Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes or similar container technologies
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Distributed Systems Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN