Sr. Cloud Distributed Systems Engineer
Requisition Number: 200722
Position Title: Software Engineer (IV)
Sr. Cloud Distributed Systems Engineer
Teradata Managed Cloud provides the world’s leading data warehousing, analytics, and Hadoop capabilities as a managed, secure, scalable solution to Teradata customers. If you like working on a dynamic team developing customer-facing features that provide highly complex functionality in a simple, intuitive way, then you would want to explore our opportunity.
You will actively define and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
As a Distributed Systems Engineer, your focus will be on designing, building, deploying, and operating fault tolerant, elastic, scalable, and secure micro services and APIs on the cloud
Attributes of successful candidates
• Eat, sleep, and breathe services. You have experience balancing live-site management, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt
• You are passionate about CAP theorem, can sketch out four different consistency models and defend each of them, and understand Paxos algorithms at an implementation level
• Excited about building reliable, self-healing services on reliable and unreliable hardware
• Be very hands-on; work with others on the engineering team to manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
• Has an ownership mindset and can deliver tasks end to end.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, or relevant work experience
• Strong experience with AWS and building cloud native application on top of public clouds.
• Experience with shell scripting and Linux-based operating systems
• 5-10 years of hands-on software development experience
• Strong CS fundamentals including data structures and object-oriented design
• Excellent programming skills in Java or Python
• Experience with relational databases and nosql/distributed databases, with understanding of tradeoffs
• Strong understanding of internet protocols (HTTP, DNS, TCP, and UDP) and building RESTful web services
• Has worked on build and deployment processes, tools and infrastructure automation using Ansible, Puppet etc.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, can come up with optimal solutions quickly
• Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development
• Experience embedding security controls and processes into the DevOps workflow
• Familiar with the challenges surrounding efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex distributed systems
• Experience with Teradata
• Experience with Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes or similar container technologies
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Cloud Distributed Systems Engineer
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN