Requisition Number: 200414
Position Title: Glob Deliv Ctr Consultant (III)
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, scheduling, monitoring and directing projects on agreed client requirements and expected Teradata business results. The Project Manager may lead a single project or oversee multiple smaller sub-projects. The Project Manager manages Teradata employees and third party contractors to ensure projects meet established time, cost, technical, and quality objectives. The Project Manager supports projects beginning in the pre-contract sales process and will manage them through closeout. The Project Manager may be supported by additional Project Managers and/or Project Tech Leads.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead a Teradata implementation project or a collection of multiple small projects
- Identify and bring together a variety of technologies to deliver a complete information system that supports operational and management objectives. Define the client’s requirements within the context of their business and assess the opportunities, benefits, risks and success factors of a potential solution.
- Participate in scoping, planning, cost estimating, pricing of consulting projects, statement of work development and risk assessment, including but not limited to defining goals and objectives, identifying and documenting client requirements, resource requirements, project budget, project risks, and the translation of the client’s business requirements into specific deliverables
- Ensure projects are completed on-time, quality and within budget on client expectations
- Manage day-to-day relationship with client and internal stakeholders and resolution of all issues
- Manage client acceptance of the solution in line with the agreed statement of work
- Maintain and communicate project status to all internal and external stakeholders
- Build a project team, including Teradata employees, offshore resources, and contractors
- Ensure proper set up of the engagement in the time keeping system, ensuring consultants and contractors are always current with their reported time.
- Manages and/or produces project financial and status reports from PSA and EDW systems
- Ensure that Teradata knowledge resources and tools are fully leveraged
- Lead project/engagement close-out debriefings to identify lessons learned and best practices
- Contribute to the Teradata Body of Knowledge and leverage the TSM (Teradata Solutions Methodology) processes, where applicable
- Responsible for preperation and compliance with internal controls and documents including participation in periodic reviews and audits as mandated by internal and client PMO
Education and Experience
- Engineering, MBA or any equivalent Technical or Professional discipline
- Strong Technical skills with Data warehouse, Business intelligence, Migration, Application and Analytics experience
- Knowledge of Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives
- Proven experience record of minimum 8-10 years demonstrating the ability to manage successful project deliveries including strategic planning, budget/cost management (P&L), risk management and change management
- Proven experience in managing large multi-national, multi-cultural teams across geographies on projects
- Experience in Agile delivery (Scrum/Kanban) is mandatory
- Desired experience as a client facing/onsite project manager
- Desired project management certifications like PMP
- Working industry knowledge will be a plus, viz. Communication/Finance/Aviation/Manufacturing
Ability to work independently to manage large group of resources
- Task oriented and solution driven with focus on deliverables, quality, cost and timelines
- Organized and detail oriented
- Proactive, Innovative with an analytical mindset
- Be able to work under pressure in a challenging environment
- Ability to work within multiple time zones and diverse cultures
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to guide the activities of an individual, group, or team toward a desired result or outcome. Drive consensus and team ownership of decisions.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Manager
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN