Senior Technical Specialist
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 200405
Position Title: Glob Deliv Ctr Consultant (III)
This position is for a Big Data Technology Lead who will be involved in leading various Big Data projects. This might be a client-facing position having accountability for client expectations management while delivering the services and solutions associated with Think Big offerings. The candidate should be able to mentor and train the junior team members as well.
- 10+ years total Software Development experience with strong technical background.
- Should have at least 4+ years of experience in Big data project implementation.
- 2+ years of work experience on Apache Spark.
- Good experience in Design, development, testing, and deployment with Hadoop technology stack (e.g. MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Flume, Oozie)
- Hands-on experience on Core Java. Must have very good understanding of Object Oriented programming.
- Should have good understanding of NoSQL platforms (e.g. key-value stores, graph databases, RDF triple stores) and MPP Databases (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica)
- Should have done successful implementation of Real Time data processing using (Any of these: Spark Streaming, Storm, Flink.)
- Must have good knowledge of Hadoop security: Kerberos, authorization security deployments
- Should have in depth knowledge on Bigdata distributions such as Cloudera, Hortonworks and MapR.
- Strong verbal and written communication, with good exposure to working in a cross-cultural environment and the ability to present comfortably to senior management
- Should have an experience writing proposal, RFP, Big Data sales pitch, strategies, provide solution design, consulting and recommendations.
- Breadth of knowledge of technical systems, including enterprise, distributed and n-tier systems across multiple domains
- Should be able to drive the customer meetings and able to communicate well with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven experience in Data modeling & architecting Bigdata solutions for large customers.
- Experience with migrating legacy systems to Big data environments using Big Data ETL tools
- Experience with any RDBMS technologies, including Teradata, MS-SQL, Oracle, IBM DB2, and MySQL.
- Experience in delivering large enterprise-level applications
- Experience of coaching junior team members
- Developed practical solutions based on the latest industry developments
- Proven experience with Consulting & Advisory engagements including Bigdata Roadmap, development, Big data technology assessments, Solution development for Projects, Proposals and Products and development of Architecture roadmap.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs.
Nice to have Experience:
- Experience in Cloud Platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- Working experience with Apache NiFi & Kakfa
- In-depth knowledge on ELK (Elastic Search, Logstash & Kibana) technology stack
- Basic understanding of DevOps practices & tools
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Specialist
Job Category: Services
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN