Senior Technical Specialist
Requisition Number: 200405
Position Title: Glob Deliv Ctr Consultant (III)
This position is for a Big Data Technology Lead who will be involved in leading various Big Data projects. This might be a client-facing position having accountability for client expectations management while delivering the services and solutions associated with Think Big offerings. The candidate should be able to mentor and train the junior team members as well.
- 10+ years total Software Development experience with strong technical background.
- Should have at least 4+ years of experience in Big data project implementation.
- 2+ years of work experience on Apache Spark.
- Good experience in Design, development, testing, and deployment with Hadoop technology stack (e.g. MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Flume, Oozie)
- Hands-on experience on Core Java. Must have very good understanding of Object Oriented programming.
- Should have good understanding of NoSQL platforms (e.g. key-value stores, graph databases, RDF triple stores) and MPP Databases (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica)
- Should have done successful implementation of Real Time data processing using (Any of these: Spark Streaming, Storm, Flink.)
- Must have good knowledge of Hadoop security: Kerberos, authorization security deployments
- Should have in depth knowledge on Bigdata distributions such as Cloudera, Hortonworks and MapR.
- Strong verbal and written communication, with good exposure to working in a cross-cultural environment and the ability to present comfortably to senior management
- Should have an experience writing proposal, RFP, Big Data sales pitch, strategies, provide solution design, consulting and recommendations.
- Breadth of knowledge of technical systems, including enterprise, distributed and n-tier systems across multiple domains
- Should be able to drive the customer meetings and able to communicate well with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven experience in Data modeling & architecting Bigdata solutions for large customers.
- Experience with migrating legacy systems to Big data environments using Big Data ETL tools
- Experience with any RDBMS technologies, including Teradata, MS-SQL, Oracle, IBM DB2, and MySQL.
- Experience in delivering large enterprise-level applications
- Experience of coaching junior team members
- Developed practical solutions based on the latest industry developments
- Proven experience with Consulting & Advisory engagements including Bigdata Roadmap, development, Big data technology assessments, Solution development for Projects, Proposals and Products and development of Architecture roadmap.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs.
Nice to have Experience:
- Experience in Cloud Platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- Working experience with Apache NiFi & Kakfa
- In-depth knowledge on ELK (Elastic Search, Logstash & Kibana) technology stack
- Basic understanding of DevOps practices & tools
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Specialist
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN