Requisition Number: 200220
Position Title: Glob Deliv Ctr Consultant (I)
Job Location :Mumbai /Pune
- Hadoop Applications Support
Providing Applications Support for Think Big Customers on Hadoop platforms. Typically these customers may have 24/7 contracts, and the successful applicant must be prepared to work in shifts and also be on-call to support customer site/s per contractual obligations.
- Minimum experience of 3-6 years in Managing and Supporting large scale Production Hadoop environments (configuration management, monitoring, and application performance tuning) in any of the Hadoop distributions (Apache, Hortonworks, Cloudera, MapR, IBM BigInsights, Pivotal HD)
- Around 3-6 years of experience in Applications Support (Java / J2EE, any ETL tool , Strong Knowledge of SQL queries and Unix Shell Scripting, BI operations, Analytics support) engagements on large scale systems.
- Experience in Hadoop components such as:
- STreaming Tools – NiFi
- IPython Jupyter
- Data pipeline tools
- Experience working independently and as part of a team to debug application issues working with configuration files\databases and application log files.
- Root cause analysis for job failures & data quality issues & providing solutions.
- Have a working understanding of the software development lifecycle and be able to communicate incident and project status, issues, and resolutions
- Experience in Incident management, ServiceNow, JIRA, Change Management Process.
- 3+ years of experience in Scripting Language (Linux, SQL, Python). Should be proficient in shell scripting.
- Experience in developing / supporting RESTful applications
- Working knowledge of Linux operating system required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- ITIL Knowledge.
- Database support or application DBA – Oracle, DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of Storm, Accumulo.
- Knowledge of Datastage ETL tools – TalenD, Informatica, Data Stage.
- Development, implementation or deployment experience in the Hadoop ecosystem
- Working experience with one of the Scheduling tools (Control-M, JCL, Unix/Linux-cron etc.)
- Proficiency in Hive internals (including HCatalog), SQOOP, Pig, Oozie and Flume/Kafka.
- Proficiency with at least one of the following: Java, Python, Perl, Ruby, C or Web-related development
- Development or Operational knowledge on NoSQL technologies like Hbase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Accumulo, etc.
- Development or Operational knowledge on Web or cloud platforms like Amazon S3, EC2, Redshift, Rackspace, OpenShift, etc.
- Development/scripting experience on Configuration management and provisioning tools e.g. Puppet, Chef
- Web/Application Server & SOA administration (Tomcat, JBoss, etc.)
- Handle deployment methodologies, code and data movement between Dev., QA and Prod Environments (deployment groups / folder copy/ data-copy etc.)
- Should be able to articulate and discuss the principles of performance tuning on Hadoop
- Develop and produce daily/ weekly operations reports and metrics as required by IT management
- Experience on any of the following will be an added advantage:
- Hadoop integration with large scale distributed DBMSs like Teradata, Teradata aster, Vertica, Greenplum, Netezza, DB2, Oracle, etc.
- Data Modeling or ability to understand data models
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence and/or Data Integration (ETL) solution delivery techniques, models, processes, methodologies
- Exposure to tools data acquisition, transformation & integration tools like Talend, Informatica, etc. & BI tools like Tableau, Pentaho, etc.
- Linux Administrator certified.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Associate
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Powai Mumbai, Maharashtra IN