Requisition Number: 200039
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
Teradata, the world’s largest company solely focused on enterprise data warehousing and analytic solutions, provides powerful solutions for companies of all sizes. Through innovation, consulting services, technology, and industry-specific applications, our customers are outpacing their competition with enterprise agility. It's no secret our people make Teradata great. The world’s business leaders have trusted Teradata for decades as the key to their competitive edge with business intelligence. Why? Because we provide them the agility to adapt and move with confidence – just like we do. We are more than 10,000 passionate professionals in more than 42 countries and we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence.
Teradata Service Analytics team is dedicated to automating customer support and transforming customer support from reactive to proactive by leveraging data and analytics. Our vision is to optimize Customer’s Teradata solution performance and availability, through automated analytics driven predictive/proactive issue resolution while enabling Customer self-service. Specifically, to develop an analytics software system for customer support, which will
• Utilize data and analytics to predict Customer operational issues
• Proactively provide solutions to avoid impact to Customer operations
• Enable Customers to quickly and easily resolve their own problems
• Assist Customer Support Associates to quickly resolve customer issues
As a member of our team, the candidate will work in collaboration with other members to research, design, prototype, test and document novel algorithms and predictive analytics for automated, near real time decision making on data and problems. On a daily basis, you will work with massive datasets, which includes data integration, data cleansing, exploratory analysis, predictive modeling, and rapid prototyping. You will present findings to teammates and guide the transition of new algorithms into operational code.
• Master’s or PhD degree in a related discipline (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, or Operations Research)
• 3+ years of related experience gained through a combination of academic studies and work experience
• Prior work and/or research demonstrates experience in the following areas
o Statistics: exploratory analysis, model development and theory
o Data mining: discovery of patterns & signals in data or anomaly detection
o Developing large scale data analytics solutions based on machine learning such as decision trees, probabilistic reasoning, neural networks, clustering, case based reasoning
o Natural language processing and text analysis
o Drawing conclusions from data and generating actionable information
• Extensive knowledge of at least one scientific or statistical programming language such as Python (must include SciPy, NumPy, Pandas), Matlab, or R
• Experience working with SQL databases
• Experience with at least one general purpose, high level programming language such as Java or Python
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to collaborate on an interdisciplinary team members to solve problems
• Self-starter with a positive attitude, intellectual curiosity and a passion for analytics and solving real world problems
• Experience with Teradata or Aster database technology
• Experience with NoSQL data environments and tools such as Hadoop and/or Spark
• Developing novel analytical approaches and applying them to automatically process data (structured and unstructured) and make decisions in medical diagnosis, enterprise operations, customer support, etc.
• Demonstrable skills in creative-problem-solving of complex and advanced technical subject matter
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN