Analytics Software Engineer
Requisition Number: 200038
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
Analytics Software Engineer
The Teradata Global Support Organization is going to modernize customer support and we need the best Software Engineers to make this goal a reality.
In this role, you will be working within the Teradata Service Analytics team. This team is dedicated to automating customer support and transforming customer support from reactive to proactive by leveraging data and analytics.
Our vision is to optimize Customer’s Teradata solution performance and availability, through automated analytics driven predictive/proactive issue resolution while enabling Customer self-service. Specifically, to develop an analytics software system for customer support, which will
• Utilize data and analytics to predict Customer operational issues
• Proactively provide solutions to avoid impact to Customer operations
• Enable Customers to quickly and easily resolve their own problems
• Assist Customer Support Associates to quickly resolve customer issues
You will work in collaboration with other members including data scientists and data engineers to research, design, implement, test, maintain and document solutions for predictive analytics for automated, near real time decision making on data and problems. You will handle massive datasets, which includes working with data engineers to determine what data management systems are appropriate, working with data engineers on developing solutions to data integration and cleansing, and working with data scientists to transition analytical algorithms along and data infrastructure into an operational service analytics system.
• Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science
• 3+ years of experience with Python and Java programming language gained through a combination of academic studies and work experience
• Experience with SQL, Databases, and data integration technologies
• Experience working with large-scale, complex software in a parallel processing environment
• Extensive working knowledge of Linux operating systems
• Solid experience with source code/configuration management, automated continuous integration, build and deployment process and tools - GitHub, Gradle, TeamCity, Jenkins, Ansible, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to collaborate on an interdisciplinary team members to solve problems
• Self-starter with a positive attitude, intellectual curiosity and a passion for developing analytics software for solving real world challenges
• Experience in working with data scientists on building data analytical systems for integrating, processing and analyzing data (structured and unstructured), especially in the field of medical diagnosis, enterprise operations, customer support, etc.
• Experience with Teradata database and Hadoop technologies
• Extensive experience and strong interest in open source technology stack
• Demonstrable skills in creative-problem-solving of complex and advanced technical subject matter
Teradata, the world’s largest company solely focused on enterprise data warehousing and analytic solutions, provides powerful solutions for companies of all sizes. Our solution offerings include software, hardware, and consulting and support services. Teradata empowers data-driven companies to achieve competitive advantage and win in their markets by exploiting data for insight and value. We are more than 10,000 passionate professionals in more than 42 countries and we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Analytics Software Engineer
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN