Software Engineer - Python Development
Requisition Number: 200014
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
Senior Software Engineer
Teradata Corporation has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Members of this team will be tasked with simplifying the deployment and maintenance life cycle of applications so customers can more easily update and upgrade their systems.
Teradata is looking for a passionate software engineer to work with our customer services organization. We are looking for a candidate who thrives on automation, is a self-starter and will drive new ways of solving problems. In this role you will be a leader in creating a culture of change, collaboration, communication and enabling a technology shift in the organization.
• Lead the design and implementation of solutions to reduce manual overhead in system change procedures
• Strong subject matter expert in leveraging a wide variety of open source technologies
• Identify manual steps and inefficiencies and improve them through automation
• Collaborate with onshore and offshore teams to coordinate implementation activities
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, and lead resolution of software defects
• Provide training and support to software engineering teams during implementation
• Strong experience in distributed system design, data structures, and object oriented programming
• Demonstrable expertise in OOP languages such as Python (preferred), Java, C++, or comparable
• Ability to learn and adapt various technologies to solve problems
• Experience building/interacting with RESTful services
• Passion for Test Driven Development (TDD) practices and modern software development best practices
• Familiar with Agile (Scrum) methodology
• Deployment: Ansible, Vagrant, Puppet, Chef
• Source code control systems: Git
• Build Agents: Jenkins (preferred), TeamCity
• Software Repositories: Artifactory
• Virtualization: Docker, Kubernetes
• Building and/or leveraging distributed systems
• Comfortable with RDBMS (PostgreSQL, SQLite, etc,) and SQL
• Comfortable with globally distributed teams
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• 5+ years’ experience
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field from an accredited 4 year college/university or equivalent experience.
• Teradata does not offer employment sponsorship for this position
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Python Development
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN