Product Support Engineer - Teradata , Linux , Trouble shooting
Requisition Number: 175235
Position Title: Product Support Engineer (II)
Product Support Engineer (II)
Teradata Product Support Engineers are key members of an expert team of support analysts, focused on delivering a myriad of deep-level technical support related assignments to both internal and external audiences. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the Teradata database and its associated tools and platforms along with the ability to clearly articulate support decisions and findings. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative, support analyst who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Conduct problem triage, trouble shooting and problem analysis on complex incidents that are escalated to GSC.
• Knowledge Management and related activities. Validate Knowledge content for accuracy, relevancy, and currency. Create and maintain Technical Alerts and other related technical artifacts. Create Defect tracking tickets. Lead and/or participate on teams focused on creating technical bulletins, procedures and support processes (Change Templates, FRO bulletins, Service bulletins, Support tools. Development and enhancement of problem scenario reporting rules and associated knowledge.
• Interface into other organizations (internal and external). Ability to maneuver cross-organizationally and demonstrate a high-level of professionalism. Ability to deliver succinct and concise presentations
• Product / problem analysis. Gather data and prepare templates as required for data analysis. Assist senior analyst in completing analysis.
• Mentoring and development of resources as needed
Skills & Attributes
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong facilitation and team organizational skills
• Strong technical knowledge
• Ability to multi-task simple to complex problem troubleshooting
• Strong analytical abilities
• Experience in high performance computing environments
• BS in Computer Science or other technical discipline
• 2-5 years of Teradata support experience
• Understanding of Teradata product knowledge
• Experience in Teradata database best practices
• Practical knowledge in installation and upgrade processes
• Cultural awareness
Preferred Qualifications (Examples)
• Working experience of SUSE LINUX operating systems
• Experience with Teradata upgrade and support tools
• Experience analyzing data
• Closed Loop/Corrective Action experience
• Experience with application programming
• Association with a development environment
• SQL experience
• 24x7 operation may require working alternate shifts or being part of an on-call rotation
• Global organization
• Some travel will be required
• International travel may be required
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Product Support Engineer - Teradata , Linux , Trouble shooting
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN