Hadoop Admin Architect
Requisition Number: 175676
Position Title: Glob Deliv Ctr Consultant (IV)
This position is for Big Data Admin Architect who will be involved in Think Big Data projects. This is a client-facing position having accountability for client expectations management while delivering the hadoop platform related services and solutions.
The Hadoop Administrator architect should be able to assist client in all aspects related to hadoop platform including Distribution Selection, Cluster Sizing, Optimization and Security implementation etc. The Hadoop Administrator Architect requires specific technical knowledge about the administration and control of the Hadoop System, including the associated operating system, related tools, network, and hardware.
- 10+ years total Industry experience with strong technical background and 4+ years in Big data platform administration.
- Minimum 3 years in Managing and Supporting large scale Production Hadoop environments in any of the Hadoop distributions (Apache, Teradata, Hortonworks, Cloudera, MapR, IBM BigInsights, Pivotal HD)
- 5+ years of experience in Scripting Language (Linux, SQL, Python). Should be proficient in shell scripting
- 4+ years of experience on Administrative activities likes –
- Management of data, users, and job execution on the Hadoop System
- Periodic backups of the system
- Security Implementation
- Cluster Optimization
- High availability, BAR and DR strategies and principles
- Plan for and support hardware and software installation and upgrades.
- 2+ years of Experience in Hadoop Monitoring tools (Nagios, Ganglia, Cloudera Manager, and Ambari etc).
- Should have in depth knowledge on Big data distributions such as Cloudera, Hortonworks & Greenplum Pivotal, and MapR.
- Hadoop administration, maintenance, control, and optimization of cluster capacity, security, configuration, process scheduling, and errors.
- Define standards, Develop and Implement Best Practices to manage and support data platforms
- Should have experience in Operations methodologies like ITIL.
Nice to have Experience:
- Experience with ANY ONE of the following:
- Proficiency in Hive internals (including HCatalog), SQOOP, Pig, Oozie and Flume/Kafka.
- Development or administration on NoSQL technologies like Hbase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Accumulo, etc.
- Development or administration on Web or cloud platforms like Amazon S3, EC2, Redshift, Rackspace, OpenShift, etc.
- Development/scripting experience on Configuration management and provisioning tools e.g. Puppet, Chef
- Web/Application Server & SOA administration (Tomcat, JBoss, etc.)
- Development, Implementation or deployment experience on the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Hbase)
- Analysis and optimization of workloads, performance monitoring and tuning, and automation.
- Addressing challenges of query execution across a distributed database platform on modern hardware architectures
- Experience on any one of the following will be an added advantage:
- Hadoop integration with large scale distributed data platforms like Teradata, Teradata Aster, Vertica, Greenplum, Netezza, DB2, Oracle, etc.
- Proficiency with at least one of the following: Java, Python, Perl, Ruby, C or Web-related development
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence and/or Data Integration (ETL) operations delivery techniques, processes, methodologies
- Exposure to tools data acquisition, transformation & integration tools like Talend, Informatica, etc. & BI tools like Tableau, Pentaho, etc.
City: Powai Mumbai
Community / Marketing Title: Hadoop Admin Architect
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Powai Mumbai, Maharashtra IN