Principal Data Scientist
Location: Bern, Bern CH
Requisition Number: 175307
Position Title: PS Sr Consultant (I)
Principal Data Scientist (m/f)
Location: Bern (Lausanne)
Teradata Germany is looking for a lead Advanced Analytics/Data Science professional who will work with the Country Leadership to establish a strong advanced analytics team within Germany. The successful candidate will work within the Teradata Think Big Analytics (TBA) Team to deliver advanced analytics solutions to real-world business situations deriving value for existing and new customers. Working closely with industry and business consultants within TBA, the successful candidate will qualify opportunities; identify valuable use-cases and build a team to perform deep analytics on data, including the use of enterprise-scale, advanced technology, to demonstrate value to the customer’s satisfaction.
As such, successful candidates will be expert in the application of advanced statistical and analytical methods to the solution of business problems and will also demonstrate excellent business communication and people skills.
Travel will depend on the individual customer locations, a level of 40-80% to be expected.
This is a leadership position for a data science professional who will specialize in advanced analytic services and solutions. This role reports directly to the TBA Switzerland Lead, and works in close alignment with peers in the Switzerland and international TBA practice. The role will focus on establishing a Data Science team in Switzerland, as well as delivering high-quality consulting services to Teradata Switzerland's customers. Typical responsibilities include:
- Grow and enhance Advanced Analytics/Data Science activities.
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of advanced analytics experts, specializing in big data analytics.
- Work with account teams and customers to understand business use cases and translate them to analytical solutions with a vision on how to implement with the right technology in close cooperation with the TBA organization.
- Clearly communicate the business and technical benefits of the analytic solutions to both business and technical audiences.
- Leverage knowledge in analytics, machine learning and statistical analysis to help customers explore methods to analyze data to make better business decisions.
- Utilize a range of analytics as well as statistical tools and technologies, including open source, to deliver innovative solutions to our customers.
- Achieve defined project goals within customer deadlines; proactively communicate status and escalate issues as required.
- Capture knowledge and IP, documenting analytical use-cases and the benefits that were realized, to share this expert knowledge with the wider, global Teradata team and enable similar solutions to be deployed more widely.
- Manage team members effectively, including performance appraisals, objective setting, career development, placement on engagements, time and expense approval, retention, and issue resolution.
- Drive innovation with country leadership, account teams and Teradata consulting.
- Qualified to degree level in Data Science, Computer Science, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics or Statistics. PhD/MSc preferred, but not a pre-requisite.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in advanced analytics, including predictive modeling, statistical computing, machine learning and natural language processing (NLP).
- Team leadership and capability/program development experience.
- Demonstrate a practiced interest in, and good understanding of, “big data” technology and the business trends that are driving the adoption of this technology.
- Experience with a range of analytic data platforms and technologies, including open source (e.g. Teradata, SAS, Hadoop, Spark).
- Experience in open source languages such as R and Python.
- Expertise in writing and optimizing SQL.
- Intellectually curious and hold a creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English.
- Seasoned presenter in front of large audiences; capable to present up to C-level.
- Must demonstrate the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Eager to learn; passionate, self-motivated, results driven, and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong leadership skills; demonstrate the ability to positively influence a group of people.
- Excellent team player.
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Data Scientist
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bern, Bern CH