TB Sr. Data Scientist (I)
Data Science teams at Think Big Analytics, A Teradata Company, deliver insights and value to clients with solutions that integrate into engineering and decision-making processes. Additionally, our team enables big analytics for our clients through advisory services including use case prioritization, tool selection and training, and capability definitions.
Think Big Analytics is expanding its data science team in Cairo. We are looking for talented, highly self-motivated, and independent data scientists at all levels.
We are looking for data scientists that are…
1. Highly self-motivated
3. Keen on learning and continuous self-development
4. Challengers of assumptions and status quo
As a data scientist, you will independently and as part of a team:
1. Perform all the phases of a data science project: business understanding, data understanding and preparation, exploratory analysis, modeling, model evaluation, communicating results and business value of a model to the client and finally deploying your data product.
2. Develop your technical and soft skills to keep up with the latest data science ideas and machine learning techniques.
3. Manage your activities, scope and timelines on the projects with minimum supervision.
4. Follow team development processes.
5. Based on the nature of the project and the available tools, quickly learn and adapt to different technologies and tools than the ones you are used to.
6. Participate in pre-sales activities: presentation, workshops and proof-of-concepts for the clients.
As a senior, you are expected to:
7. Lead and mentor data scientists in client projects
8. Focus on the business value of the data product
9. Interface more frequently with clients
10. Improve team processes
11. Be tools agnostic
- M.Sc. or equivalent working experience in data science / machine learning
- Analytical rigor
- Proficient in either R or Python
- Intermediate level in either C, Java, C++, or C#
- Intermediate level in SQL
- Intermediate level in Matlab
- Basic software engineering knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent technical presentation skills
- Ability to conduct pre-sales presentations
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in machine learning or a relevant discipline.
- Solid understanding of deep learning techniques
- Working knowledge of Scala
- Expert level in R, Python and SQL
- Software engineering background (Agile methodologies, Git, continuous development, etc.)
- Familiar with Excel and/or Tableau for visualization
- Familiar with SPSS Modeler and SAS Enterprise Miner for modeling
- Familiar with SAS and SPSS Statistics for statistical analysis
- Familiar with either Teradata, Oracle, or Microsoft SQL Server
- Specialized in a data science area such as NLP, Speech recognition, or image processing
- Have considerable experience in any of the following domains: telco, government, or banking
- Professional consulting background at the corporate level
- Excellent sales and public speaking skills
Community / Marketing Title:
Senior Data Scientist
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Cairo, Al Qahirah EG