EMEA Cloud Architect
Location: London, Greater London GB
Requisition Number: 205923
Position Title: Cloud Sales Engineering IV
The Cloud Architect leverages broad technical knowledge of the public cloud offerings of key providers such as AWS, Azure and Google to architect custom solutions that meet the business, security and technical needs of the customer.
The Cloud Architect will advise knowledgeable Solution Engineers (SE) to develop Teradata solutions in the cloud that include Teradata cloud offerings as well as third party components such as analytic, business intelligence and data integration tools.
The Architect is responsible for mentoring Solution Engineers in identifying and architecting Test Drives, Proof of Concept (POC) and production engagements on the public cloud. This includes input into new “as-a-service” packages in areas such as analytics, database, and platform that leverage public cloud environments and support internal developers and external partner solutions.
The Architect will provide expertise to the SE in the definition and design of cloud and/or hybrid architecture solutions, and oversight of the implementation of solutions that will be aligned with the client’s business objectives based on business, information, application, and system requirements.
The candidate will contribute to developing the cloud skills within the organization, including the development through mentoring of resources throughout EMEA. This will include providing both architectural expertise and implementation guidance of both the SEs and the implementation teams.
Participate in the development and curation of architecture assets that improve the performance and effectiveness of the Teradata account teams.
The candidate should demonstrate excellent customer facing skills to represent Teradata within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel, as well as a strong technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to the consultancy team.
He/she will demonstrate an ability to think strategically about business, product, service, and technical challenges and be able to translate those strategic objectives into tactical plans.
Successful candidates will –
- Be a credible thought leader in discussion on public/hybrid cloud solutions with customers and analysts;
- Work collaboratively with Solution Engineers to support customer and account teams in migrating to and developing new analytic solutions to public cloud environments
- Engage with senior business leaders to understand and shape their goals and objectives and their corresponding information needs and analytic requirements;
- Work with Teradata account teams to gather and document client requirements, and translate them into process and system architecture designs and ready-to-order configurations;
- Earn the right of being a trusted advisor to the customer's decision makers by establishing credibility and expertise in cloud offerings;
- Contribute to the financial objectives of Teradata account teams through business development, demand creation and billable consulting activities.
- Participate in the development and curation of architecture assets that improve the performance and effectiveness of the Teradata account teams;
- Provide thought leadership and share their hard-won skills and experience with peers and colleagues throughout the organization.
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken
- Have a degree level qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline.
- Have Teradata experience. Be passionate and enthusiastic about data, analytics and Teradata;
- Have at least 10+ years hands-on experience in architecting, designing, delivering or optimizing Data Warehouse and/or Data Lake solutions; Have architected multiple cloud solutions, preferably of an analytic nature.
- Have at least one year’s recent hands-on experience with architecting and delivering Cloud solutions in the context of Data & Analytic Ecosystem (BI, DWH and Big Data) in the public cloud arena
- Demonstrate a keen interest and understanding of developments in the data and analytic technology marketplace and the trends are driving the adoption of new analytic technologies;
- Have a background in technology consulting and relevant pre-sales experience;
- Have broad technical knowledge of the public cloud offerings of key providers such as AWS, Azure and demonstrated capability to architect and design custom public / hybrid cloud solutions that meet the business and security needs of the customer;
- AWS/Azure Certification as a Solution Architect Associate/Professional or deemed to have equivalent experience is desirable.
- Expert level knowledge in networking and infrastructure.
- Significant working knowledge and working experience of a variety of cloud products and services (e.g. Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, Amazon CloudFront, Amazon EMR and/or Azure equivalent). This includes hands-on experience with cloud SDK and CLI Tools, experience in building / deploying complex infrastructure, and experience in Network design and technical implementation;
- Ability to effectively address data security concepts in public cloud as it relates to customer needs including an in depth understanding of Federated Security / Single Sign On, and IAM;
- Be a clear, confident and persuasive communicator, with excellent presentation skills and with the ability to structure a coherent, logical argument and the confidence to defend assumptions, projections and recommendations;
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and people skills.
- Develop and mentor colleagues and peers throughout the EMEA organization. This includes being able to help others understand highly complex issues.
- Be familiar with SQL and at least one other relevant analytic programming language;
- Be familiar with Teradata’s architecture frameworks, principles and advocated positions and / or have an industry architecture framework certification such as TOGAF, Zachman or FEA;
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: EMEA Cloud Architect
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB