Senior Information Security Analyst
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 205825
Position Title: Security Engineer (IV)
Senior Information Security Analyst
San Diego, California US
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
If you want to be a key part of establishing and growing a large, global cloud data analytics organization, then this opportunity may be for you. Teradata Corporation is a leader in delivering high power analytics to companies driving improved results and transformational capabilities. Our corporate security team is at the heart of ensuring we deliver our analytics solutions to our customer’s analytic ecosystem wherever they deploy our technology (on premises, managed cloud or public cloud). We are actively driving toward next generation service capabilities building on our already best in class services and consultants. We are helping customers determine how to maximize the opportunities enabled by cloud and how to successfully navigate towards the cloud mandates that many of our large, global customers have in place.
The Senior Information Security Analyst will be tasked not only with identifying and responding to potential threats, but also proactively hunting and eliminating them. The ideal candidate will highly technical and should possess an advanced understanding across a broad range of security technologies and will take a proactive approach to security intrusions. You should have several years of experience working within a Security Operations environment and should have hands-on experience in creating and executing cyber hunting missions. The candidate must be a world-class problem-solver with the ability to handle challenges under pressure. This is a global role with responsibility for Teradata security technologies for all business units.
The ideal candidate will have experience and proven track record of finding and responding to threats found from various tools EDR, DLP, SIEM. Security Analytics, Behavior Analysis etc. As a key member of the security team flexibility and broad knowledge of security processes, along with strong communication and collaboration skills will result in a successful candidate.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Direct hands-on expertise in the following areas of information security
- Threat intelligence/threat hunting
- SIEM: Splunk, QRadar, Arcsight, LogRhythm
- Fireeye, Bro/Suricata, Snort
- Security Analytics
- Wireshark, Tcpdump, Scapy
- Network Security, network access control, network monitoring tools
- Vulnerability identification, anti-virus, malware detection/analysis
- Programming Tools: Java, Ruby, C/C++, PHP, Perl, Python
- DLP, EDR, encryption, email security, HIDS/NIDS, CASB
- Develop, maintain and report on security operation metrics
- Participate in the review and analysis of internal projects and external requirements that may have an impact on security
- Contribute and participate in advance business use case development to deploy high fidelity SIEM content
- Be aware of the IT security requirements for the business and implement measures to satisfy those requirements in the most efficient manner.
- Keep abreast of emerging security technologies and make appropriate recommendations regarding their implementation.
- BS degree in related field preferred. Equivalent experience/certification acceptable.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in information security roles
- 2+ years managing security technologies
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CCSP, CEH, GCIH, GCIA, GSEC, PMP
- Extensive Experience in:
- IT security industry trends and direction
- Network and internet security
- Emerging technologies
- IT standards, procedures, policy
- Information security management
- Information security technologies
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting & interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Effective communication skills to translate technical risks and exposures to a business perspective - formal reports and/or presentations
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Information Security Analyst
Job Category: IT
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US