Federal - Healthcare Analytics Pre Sales Solution Engineer
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 205792
Position Title: Solutions Engineers V
Senior Healthcare Pre-sales Solution Engineer
Job Category: Pre Sales
The Solution Architect (SA) is a senior level position that leverages technical knowledge of database systems, computer hardware, business intelligence analytics, and enterprise architecture combined with industry acumen and business solution expertise to promote outcome-driven sales of Teradata’s analytics offerings. The SA has broad knowledge of the analytical ecosystem space with expert knowledge of Teradata’s products and their application within federal, state, and municipal government customers. The Senior-level SA articulates architectural solutions to analytics challenges and provides technical consulting to support sales and Professional Services (PS) consulting activities. The SA establishes and enhances mid-level and executive customer relationships, provides technical expertise on engagements, adds technical value to existing customer logical data warehouse ecosystems, and identifies new target application opportunities within Teradata Government Systems accounts. The SA should also be comfortable driving new activity by cultivating business development opportunities. The SA will be expected to deliver high-quality, customer billable consulting on PS engagements and oversee the development of the customer engagement model for additional services. In addition, the SA plays an active role in pre-sale and post-sale activity, ensuring a long-term partnership with Teradata customers.
Provide direct and substantial support of the team’s revenue and margin objectives by:
- Assisting with account qualification utilizing knowledge of enterprise architecture, industry solutions, and customer. requirements for Health and Human Services accounts and applying this knowledge to determine applicability of Teradata’s offerings.
- Understanding, documenting, and articulating a customer’s current data warehouse/data mart architecture and infrastructure. This includes a complete inventory of the customer’s data warehouses, datamarts, and analytical environments as well as their respective business functions.
- Assisting the account team with formulating and guiding product sales and professional services strategy within a prolix customer environment and taking a leadership role in product positioning.
- Interacting and leading within a complex multi-organizational environment composed of numerous system integrators, healthcare consultants, and government agency personnel.
- Understanding competitive products such as those from Oracle, IBM, HP, EMC, and others.
- Knowledge of open source technologies in the data warehousing, data integration, and analytical space such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, NoSQL, KNIME, R, Python and others.
- Utilizing knowledge of business problems of a large healthcare-related government entity to engender creative solutions.
- Articulating Teradata’s solutions to customer business problems using the Teradata Analytics Platform and related solution offerings and the application of private-sector thinking to government challenges.
- Demonstrating Teradata’s unique new technologies, including use of public and private cloud environments, to large government agencies.
- Achieving “trusted adviser” status to the customer’s decision-makers by establishing credibility and expertise in the data warehousing and Big Data analytics spaces, and other areas related to Teradata’s solution offerings.
- Identifying new application opportunities that will drive additional growth of the customer’s analytical ecosystem as well as quality PS engagements.
- Utilizing internal tools to design, configure, and architect systems for Teradata’s customers.
- Designing, leading and executing winning competitive database benchmarks.
- Participating in conferences and trade shows and interacting with government customers in attendance.
- Assist in the scoping of Statements of Work (SOWs) with PS Partners as required.
- Participating in PS engagements that position Teradata as a trusted adviser to our customers.
- Providing timely, accurate administration & reporting (time, expenses, forecasts, etc.).
- Contributing knowledge assets and intellectual property to Teradata’s internal knowledge capture systems.
Skills & Attributes:
The position requires a number of specific skills, including:
- Knowledge and understanding of “Logical Data Sources” and/or domain knowledge in industry-specific subject areas including government healthcare, Medicare claims, and fraud; knowledge of relevant industry healthcare claims and fraud detection is an acceptable substitute for direct government healthcare experience
- Ability to keep pace with a rapidly changing competitive landscape, constantly evolving technologies, and demonstrating agility and creativity in doing so
- Experience in consulting with senior-level executives from government agencies and large system integrators
- Working proficiency of database-related and programming languages including SQL, Python, C++, and Linux shell and other scripting languages
- Knowledge and experience with building Data Warehouses and Data Marts from a technical perspective
- Innovative Relationship Building and Business Development skills and a demonstrated knack for Strategic Planning and Thinking
- Demonstrated success in prior technical sales environments, including experience with:
- Strong business and/or technical analysis background
- Consulting & Consultative Selling
- Resource Management/Scheduling and Project Management
- Proposal Development and Service Offering Scoping/Project Definition
- Benchmark design, development and execution
- Public Speaking & Meeting Facilitation
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, analytical and problem-solving skills
Candidates should meet the following qualifications and requirements:
- Seven years or more of experience with operational or technical RDBMS in data warehouse implementation
- Client interface and consulting skills required
- Experience with Teradata solutions - Teradata technical experience highly desirable including Teradata certifications
- Proven capabilities in relationship database technology in the application development environment (Teradata, Oracle, IBM, and open source.) and operational knowledge of third party GUI and data transformation tools (COGNOS, Business Objects, Informatica, and others)
- Knowledge of open-source tools and technologies in the “Big Data” and analytics space, such as Hadoop, NoSQL, R, and Python
- Solid understanding of current data warehousing topics
- BA or BS in Management Information Systems or Computer Science (MBA or MS is preferable)
- Previous experience working with Federal or State government customers
- Relevant experience with large commercial healthcare or insurance customers, specifically within the claims and fraud domains is acceptable in lieu of direct government experience
- Teradata Project Management experience preferred
- Experience leading Teradata Development projects such as Proofs of Concept (PoCs)
Scope and Work Environment:
The Solution Architect will work from a virtual (home) office, up to 50% travel may be required.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Federal - Healthcare Analytics Pre Sales Solution Engineer
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US