Data Warehouse Technical Consultant
Location: Brasilia, Sao Paulo BR
Requisition Number: 205781
Position Title: Managed Services II+
Location: Brasilia, Brazil
- Manage and support production databases as well as development databases to ensure maximum availability of database resource for various applications
- The technical consultant should perform the DBA related tasks in key areas of System Administration, Database Administration, Backup, Archive & Restore Management, Performance Management & Reporting
- Perform Performance monitoring and tuning, Strategies defined for backup/recovery techniques, and problem determination and resolution.
General Key Areas of Responsibility
Manage Production/Development databases in the following areas
- User Management
- Security Management
- Space Management
- Backup and Recovery
- Workload Management
- Performance Tuning& Performance Reporting
- Unix Shell and Batch Scripting
For Teradata DBAs
- System Performance monitoring using Teradata Viewpoint.
- Exposure to Teradata tools like Teradata Administrator/SQL Assistant /TSET etc.
- User, Objects and Security management as per Teradata Best practices.
- Exposure to backup and restore process using Veritas netBackup(TARA)/netvault/Tivoli etc.
- Exposure to manage the Development/QA boxes.
- Exposure as Development DBA.
- Well conversant with various ticketing system/production change request/ Teradata Incident management.
- Exposure to MVC, Capacity planning and performance Management.
- Exposure to troubleshoot the FastLoad / Multiloading/ FastExport/ BTEQ/ TPT and should be good at error handling.
- Exposure to TASM/TDWM.
- Exposure to DWH Env (Knowledge of ETL/DI/BI Reporting).
- Exposure to Teradata Utilities.
- Coordinate Software/Hardware Upgrade Activities.
- Exposure to Unix Shell and Batch Scripting.
- Exposure to PDCR Reporting and Analysis.
Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years of IT Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Portuguese and English. Spanish is a plus.
- Provide on-call support after working hours.
- Should have worked in Unix platforms.
- Good presentation, communication skills.
- Good team player and ability to mentor small groups
- Should be able to lead a small team.
Desirable Skills :
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- 2+ Years of Teradata DBA experience is highly desired
- Understanding of Logical Data Model/Physical Data Model.
- Understanding of Normalization and De-normalization concept.
- Ability to write efficient SQL & exposure to query tuning.
- Should have good working knowledge on UNIX shell scripting.
- Should have good understanding of data archive/restore policies.
- Should be good at automating various processes.
- Should be good at users/objects/rights management.
- Some experience in an environment where ETL/BI tools such as Informatica, DataStage, OWB, Hyperion, Business Objects, SAS, and Microstrategy were an important part of the environment.
- Experience with Teradata in a cloud environment (public or private) a plus.
State: Sao Paulo
Community / Marketing Title: Data Warehouse Technical Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Brasilia, Sao Paulo BR