Location: Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires AR
Requisition Number: 205764
Position Title: Solutions Engineers II
- Assisting with account qualification utilizing knowledge of industry solutions, data models & data volumes for several types of customers and applying this knowledge to determine applicability of Teradata’s offerings.
- Understanding, documenting and articulating the customer’s current data and analytic ecosystem architecture. This includes a complete inventory of the customer’s data warehouses and datamarts as well as their respective business functions.
- Understanding competitive products such as Oracle, IBM, Netezza, Greenplum, etc
- Demonstrating and utilizing knowledge of business problems that customers face, and how data and analytical solutions can help solve. Experience across multiple industries is a plus.
- Articulating Teradata’s solutions to the business problems mentioned above using the complete set of Teradata Solutions and Services.
- Coordination of customer benchmark and proof of value activities as needed.
- Conducting presentations on Teradata solutions through effective communication, and consultative dialogue
- Being a trusted advisor to the customer’s decision-makers by establishing credibility and expertise in data warehouse technology/architecture, data management, analytics, database marketing, business intelligence, customer profitability solutions, and other areas related to Teradata’s solution offerings.
- Identifying new application and consulting services opportunities that will lead to additional data being added to the customer’s data and analytic ecosystem.
- Timely, accurate administration & reporting (PSA, expenses, forecasts, etc.)
- Contributing Knowledge Assets to the internal Knowledge repository site.
- Work Environment
- The Sales Engineer will work from a virtual (home) office with considerable time required onsite with customer(s). 25%+ travel is required. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required.
- Five years or more of client-facing Pre-sales / Sales Support experience directly contributing to drive revenues.
- Seven years or more of operational or technical RDBMS experience in a data warehouse, data lake or similar implementation
- Client interface and consulting skills in large Fortune 500 companies
- Experience with large data and analytic implementations including data warehousing, data lakes, and related analytical ecosystem architecture. General knowledge of current data architectures to support these technologies.
- Solid understanding of current data architecture topics including Big Data and Analytics
- Understanding of parallel data base and/or file system architectures
- Ability to consult with customers on large database deployment decisions in terms of on-premises, private cloud, and public cloud options, with the ability to influence customers decisions in those areas
- Hands-on experience in working with the Teradata RDBMS, including Teradata Active System Management (TASM), Performance tuning, and DBQL/Dictionary analysis is a plus
- Experience in analytic solutions around non-traditional data types such as text, log files, audio, video is a plus
- Deep desire for self-learning and continuous knowledge gain in the data and analytics domain.
- English/Spanish advanced spoken adn written level is required for the role.
City: Buenos Aires
State: Buenos Aires
Community / Marketing Title: Sales Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires AR