Senior Software Engineer Cloud Test Automation
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 205565
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
Teradata is a community of people who believe in the power of data to change the world, and ready to challenge the complexity and inadequacy of conventional approaches in pursuit of better answers to the world's toughest challenges. We are a global data and analytics leader providing data platform solutions for the most prolific and interesting enterprises in every industry.
This is your opportunity to be a core part of the team that defines and delivers exciting new services within Teradata Cloud and As a Service Business Unit. Teradata is the world’s leading data warehousing and Big Data organization and has embarked on an exciting journey to build and deliver the industry’s highest performing data warehousing and analytics cloud offerings. Today, some of the largest and cutting-edge companies run their applications on our industry-leading cloud infrastructure. Teradata Cloud and As a Service is focused on reducing the time to build analytics and big data warehouses to minutes. Teradata plans to deliver many more big data solutions and cloud offerings to customers worldwide and do it on fully automated cloud infrastructure. We are changing the way that companies view and use big data analytics in the cloud, and the Teradata Cloud and As a Service team is at the core of our technology and cloud platform!
• Design and Develop automated integration tests, create infrastructure and environments to run end-to-end integration tests at scale.
• Utilize understanding of DevOps, software engineering best practices and user experience to influence design and implementation approaches.
• Develop deep understanding of features, proactively identify, troubleshoot and analyze software defects and risks independently, and communicate to cross functional teams to push for solutions.
• B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
• 5+ years’ experience in professional software/cloud engineering, including agile development.
• Hands-on working experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) automation infrastructure (/GitLab/Jenkins/Docker/Kubernetes/Ansible/Terraform/Terragrunt/Serverless/Chalice/CloudFormation/AD/Datadog tools).
• Strong experience in Python, Linux operating system, Bash/Shell, and test automation (Python/RobotFramework based API testing, Web UI testing with Selenium Web Driver, etc).
• Good working knowledge of AWS Cloud services, web applications, micro-services and RESTful API-based architecture.
• Good working experience in engineering practices such as code reviews, unit test, static code analysis, code coverage analysis, software security, etc.
• Knowledge and experience with database and SQL.
• Knowledge and experience with OS and networking.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Dive deep, detail-oriented and customer-focused.
• Previous/current experience with Teradata is a plus.
This position is based in Teradata's research and development main campus in San Diego, CA. Teradata's employees enjoy beautiful facilities including a cafeteria, cafe, and gym on site. If you are interested in working in a fast-paced, innovative environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud based analytics solutions and services, then Teradata is the place for you. Come join us in helping the world’s largest organizations get the most out of their data and analytics at scale!
*Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer Cloud Test Automation
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US