Financial Analyst, Transaction Services
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 205552
Position Title: Financial Planning & Analyst (II)
The Teradata Customer Support and Services Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for managing new orders for Transaction Services. This includes working with Sales and Presales, delivery teams and others in Finance and Accounting to determine billable status, revenue amount, and timing of revenue recognition. The individual will set the annual plan (currently $25M for the Americas), track monthly progress, and work to deliver an accurate forecast.
Provides updates to Customer Support and Services leadership on project backlog aging and conversion status. Collects and presents project status for use in business review, planning, reporting and monthly outlook processes. Prepares and analyzes financial outlooks and operating results. Responsible for management of related balance sheet accounts and expenses.
Develop Monthly Outlook
- Work closely with operating management
- Review outlook against results for validation of achievability
- Review risk in outlook and determine how to reduce risk
- Develop contingency plans as needed
- Provide Senior management with timely, relevant and actionable financial and operational reporting and forecasting
- Provide ongoing intra-month updates
Strategic Long Range Plan (SLRP)
- Review historical results to determine future trends
- Operationalize long range plan
- Develop plan for Transaction Services
- Determine calendarization and allocation methodologies
- Perform gap analysis and consolidation
- Apply Accounting changes
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related business discipline required
- 4-5 years of relevant experience in Finance or Finance-related specialties, cross functional projects
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Knowledge of Business Objects, Hyperion, Oracle, other Financial Management tools
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic, transforming organization is a must
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Analyst, Transaction Services
Job Category: Finance
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US