Senior Data Scientist
Location: Powai Mumbai, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 205526
Position Title: Analytics Consulting III
Senior Data Scientist, Analytics Business Consulting
Teradata is looking for highly motivated and experienced individuals to join our Global Consulting Center (GDC) Data Science team as a Senior Data Scientist. To be part of the data revolution by performing hands on data analysis and developing machine learning models to produce working concepts, along with managing multiple initiatives for cross-functional data analytics needs. This position will help drive growth in the adoption of advanced analytics - machine learning and artificial intelligence in India, as well as our International Regions.
Applicants should have a proven track record with advanced analytics preferably applied in commercial and industrial environments such as Telecommunications, Banking, Retail, Manufacturing, and Utilities and across subject domains such as Digital, Marketing, Fraud and Risk Management, Operations, Customer Experience, and Technology.
Your primary focus will be on, but not limited to, helping clients identify how they can drive more business value from data science using Teradata tools (Teradata Analytical Platform - Vantage), partner tools - SAS, Data iku, Knime, etc.. and open-source technologies (R, Python, tensor flow, keras, Spark, Hadoop) for Machine Learning and Deep Learning. Senior Data Scientists will also be called upon to lead analytics projects. This position will combine direct client consulting engagement activities, new solution development and analytics positioning responsibilities.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will:
- Grow/enhance Data Science practice in GDC India
- Work in close coordination with Data Science teams within GDC centers as well International Data Science teams to serve global customers.
- Work with other GDC and Teradata teams to produce packaged solutions, AaaS offerings, in addition to supporting Analytics projects and PoCs/PoVs.
- Work in a team to define and execute data science solutions that address client use cases and business requirements
- Define activities, scope, and timelines on data science projects
- Deliver projects following our internal frameworks and best practices
- Discover, interpret and document unique insights in large-scale distributed datasets through exploratory analysis and the application of advanced analytical methodologies
- Create statistical, machine learning and deep learning models in multiple technologies using best-in-class data science approaches
- Prepare and conduct presentations and client workshops, communicating past experiences in sales and speaking opportunities
- Guide junior members of the delivery team during projects
Qualification and Requirements
- Master’s or PhD degree in a related discipline (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, or Operations Research)
- 8-10+ years of overall experience in applying advanced analytics/data science to solve business problems
- In-depth knowledge in at least 2 of the following data science domains
- Text Mining / NLP
- Graph and Network Analysis
- Deep Learning/AI
- Geospatial Analysis
- Signal Processing, Image, Video
- Predictive Modeling and Recommender Systems
- Extensive knowledge of at least one open-source scientific or statistical programming language such as R or Python
- Knowledge of enterprise statistical programming tools such as SAS, Matlab, STATA or SPSS is a plus
- Collect, cleanse, massage, and organize data in both SQL and No-SQL environments
- Candidates with experience with NoSQL data environments and tools such as Hadoop and/or Spark preferred
- Understanding of Agile software methodology
- Provide thought leadership in predictive modeling and machine learning. NLP and Deep Learning are the two focus areas
- Leverage data assets to build learning systems and predictive models to drive the efficiency of the investment process
- Demonstrated the ability to independently develop new concepts and stay current with academic research
- Communicate the context and value of data analysis and models to stakeholders so that your work is well understood and actionable
- Deploy models into production in a way that is easy to maintain and scalable
- Manage model release cycle
- Familiar with cloud technologies (e.g. Azure)
The successful candidate must -
- Be a clear and confident communicator with excellent presentation skills and with the ability to translate technology concepts into concise business focused messages in both technical and sales presentations
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English;
- Proven skills in creative-problem-solving of complex and advanced technical subject matter
- Possess a solid understanding of the value of data and how technology enables companies to compete better in the market place
- Be able to consult in a client facing environment, linking analytical solutions to the value and competitive advantage that technology can help a client deliver.
- Collaborative team player, professional attitude with a strong drive and positive mind
- Be self-starter with a positive attitude, intellectual curiosity and a passion for analytics and solving real world problems
- Be willing to travel up to 40-70%
City: Powai Mumbai
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Scientist
Job Category: Services
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Powai Mumbai, Maharashtra IN