Senior Financial Planning Analyst, ARR Reporting
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 205500
Position Title: Financial Planning & Analyst (III)
The Financial Planning Manager, ARR Reporting, is the owner of reporting, analysis, and accuracy of Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR), a critical metric for Teradata. This role is responsible for providing monthly and quarterly reporting, analysis, and forecast for this critical metric. Additionally, this role is responsible for maintaining process documentation that is used for consistent global reporting as well as ensuring accuracy by reviewing and auditing all inputs from the region finance teams.
Corporate owner of the Annual Recurring Revenue metric. Collects, analyzes, and reports all metrics related ARR data for use in financial reporting, business reviews, forecasting, and annual planning.
- Reports monthly on actual ARR and related recurring revenue attainment by all levels of the organization
- Reports on drivers of variances in monthly values, providing valuable insight to trends and issues as it relates to ARR growth, cancels and erosions.
- Reviews and audits all ARR and recurring revenue monthly reporting, variance analysis and forecasts at a customer level to ensure accuracy.
- Recommends reporting improvements to drive automation, efficiency and accuracy.
- Provide Senior management with timely, relevant and actionable reporting and forecasting
- Supports all presentations, reporting, and analysis for Board of Director meetings and quarterly earnings releases.
- Supports the annual plan process by providing required reporting, forecasting, and insights to the long-term financial model as it relates to ARR and recurring revenue.
- Supports the regions and geographies by ensuring consistency in operationalizing ARR and recurring revenue to all levels of sales management.
- Risk assesses ARR and recurring revenue operational plan.
- Perform gap analysis and consolidation
- Communicates all changes to reporting to ensure regions plan accordingly.
Process & System Improvements
- Utilizes Hyperion Planning to drive reporting and analysis, identifying and implementing changes to drive automation and efficiency
- Owns all documentation and training around ARR reporting, ensuring all parties responsible for providing input to the reporting are following all guidelines
- Improve the planning process through automation or eliminating non-value add activities
- Drives global dashboards to disseminate key reporting to all constituents
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related business discipline.
- 4-5 years of relevant experience in Finance or Finance-related specialties, cross functional projects.
- Strong financial reporting/analytical skills gained through formal education or work experience.
- Knowledge of Business Objects, Hyperion, Oracle
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under pressure and due dates handling ad hoc requests on a day to day basis
- Can work cross functionally, gathering requirements from different parts of the organization
- Strong communication skills.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Financial Planning Analyst, ARR Reporting
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US