Senior Director, Financial Planning and Analysis - Global Sales
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 205497
Position Title: Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
The Senior Director Finance, Planning, and Analysis is a strategic financial partner for the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) of Teradata. This role is responsible for providing financial analysis and reporting to the CRO surrounding the three sales regions, identifying profitability improvements, reporting key KPI’s, and recommending actions for the CRO to take to ultimately drive profitable revenue growth. Additionally, this role is responsible for planning and forecasting the corporate cost structure within the CRO function. This role is an individual contributor role, however, this individual will work closely with the corporate FP&A organization as well as the regional CFO’s to develop consistent approach to results analysis, planning, forecasting, and reporting. This role reports directly to the VP, Corporate FP&A as is dotted line to the CRO.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Finance partner to the Chief Revenue Office on a day to day basis, providing analysis and insights for financial results and forecasts.
- Reports and analyzes all KPI’s and metrics at all levels of the organization, from individual account executive to corporate
- Identifies areas of improvement to improve profitable revenue growth
- Provides corporate FP&A and CFO with financial analysis as required. Provides insights in support of meetings with the board of directors and quarterly earnings releases.
- Drives translation of strategic plan into a financial plan. Ensures that the annual financial plan is supported by adequate action plans resulting in a realistic, achievable budget. Operationalizes financial plan down to the regions and geographies.
- Remains aware of changing trends in the business and proactively provides solutions to business issues to maximize short-term and long-term strategic/financial objectives.
- Drives consistency in forecasting, reporting, and analysis from a region to region and geography to geography standpoint.
- Supports the corporate organizations that report into the CRO, including Strategic Alliances organization and Global Sales Operations – ensuring that spend is efficient and aligned with strategic objectives and investments are measured and reported.
- Provides status of financial condition of the business by collecting, interpreting, and reporting key financial data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Management, MBA a plus
- 12+ years of experience in corporate or business unit FP&A
- Experience supporting a sales organization as finance partner
- Public accounting and retail industry experience
- High-energy financial leader with proven track record of improving processes and adding value to the business
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide deep insights that result in improved results
- Ability to understand the business at a strategic and detailed level
- Ability to effectively summarize their detailed business understanding into executive level presentations with insightful perspective
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills to effectively participate on cross-functional brand projects
- Outstanding business acumen and critical thinking skills; brings logical solutions to business issues
- Demonstrated leader and team player
- Financial and management reporting skills – can develop easy to understand analysis with insightful perspective
- Presentation skills; experienced in creating and delivering presentation for senior management
- Proven track record of improving processes and creating value beyond their immediate area of influence
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director, Financial Planning and Analysis - Global Sales
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US