Director, Talent Acquisition
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 205463
Position Title: Director, Talent Acquisition
We are looking for an exceptional individual to work with a great recruiting team.
This Talent Acquisition Leadership role is a critical team member of the Global Talent Acquisition organization and will assist with the continuing evolution of a world-class function and its enabling processes. In partnership with the Sr Director of TA, the successful candidate will proactively manage the growing disparate team of recruiters, currently based in many locations across the US. The primary focus is finding, engaging, and hiring the right talent for Teradata’s various business teams.
The role will assist in laying the foundations for driving process, productivity and recruiter efficiency, working closely with the Sr Director TA, business leaders and HR leadership to drive effective change throughout the team.
You will be responsible for cultivating a vibrant ecosystem of sources for top talent for Teradata. Sourcing knowledge and experience is paramount for this position. You will partner with senior leadership to develop a comprehensive understanding of the essential skills and background to educate the team in identifying the most qualified candidates to ensure successful closure of each opportunity. You will train the team and monitor the most effective methods and tools for screening, behavioral interview assessment, and selection of applicants to identify the most qualified candidates to be presented to management for interview consideration.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
You are comfortable managing between business partners, technology partners, and technical professionals. You are results driven and have a flare for getting the job done through others and your own motivations. You can consistently adapt to new circumstances, learn quickly when facing new problems or challenges and are open to change. You listen to and act on feedback, and gain insight from mistakes. You establish good interpersonal relationships by helping people feel valued, appreciated and included in discussions. In addition, you possess the following attributes:
• The ability to guide and coach the recruiting team and management throughout the talent acquisition life cycle. Develop and sustain strong relationships with management through proactive communication and commitment to understanding the services and needs of the business. Establish and maintain relationships with external contacts to ensure a diverse and highly qualified population of talented candidates are readily available for timely consideration
• You are a subject matter expert for hiring qualified talent.
• You can develop and implement innovative recruiting processes and techniques, determine their effectiveness in supplementing global recruiting efforts, and tracks their success.
• You’re able to support geographically-dispersed recruiting team in the development and implementation of local recruiting change plans and strategies.
• You are very metrics driven and manage the recruitment reporting process--compile recruiting metrics, interpret data trends, areas of strength, and areas of opportunity.
• You have the passion and capability for developing and implementing solutions to hiring challenges with full partnership of the HR Leaders and Talent leads, including continuous improvement of enterprise process and tools.
• You are an excellent communicator. You communicate regularly with your recruiting stakeholders on all recruiting, projects, and outcomes consistently and professionally.
• Proven strategic Recruiting Leader with 15+ years broad-based recruiting engineering experience with at least 5+ years in a leading engineering recruiting role for a large, complex organization. Experience with a Fortune 500 company ideal
• Ability to work in a complex, cross-functional team environment
• Strong project and change management skills disciplines required
• Able to manage and prioritize a myriad of recruiting initiatives, at varying stages of completion, and bring to timely completion
• Exhibit sophistication and savvy to partner and advise senior leadership.
• Ability to work in operational role, yet think strategically and execute on set goals
• Results leader with a focus/understanding of both internal and external customers
• Demonstrated ability to drive results (reliable, proactive, able to work effectively in a complex, fast-paced environment)
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Talent Acquisition
Job Category: Human Resources
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US