Big Data Platform Specialist
Location: Prague, Praha CZ
Requisition Number: 205460
Position Title: Managed Services I+
As a Big Data Platform Specialist, you will be occasionally designing and deploying, and mostly maintaining large scale Data Platform solutions for our clients. Practically you will be a member of a team that develops and implements advanced Big Data solutions. You will enable and support your team to deliver new insights and business value out of heterogeneous structured and unstructured data sets. You will be given a chance to learn and work along with multiple technologies and Thought Leaders in the Big Data space.
Your responsibilities may include:
Designing, developing and reviewing automation for deploying and managing data platform solutions as a code or as a concept. Managing, upgrading and troubleshooting big data systems. Installation and configuration of a software integrated in big data systems. Follow basic ITIL principles and write project deliverables as documentation, requests for change, etc.
- Experience designing, deploying and managing production Big data clusters (Hadoop from Cloudera, MapR, Hortonworks, IBM Big Insights, Kafka)
- Experience with Linux administration
- Experience with shell scripting
- Experience developing infrastructure automation code (e.g. Terraform and Ansible)
- Solid programming skills in either Scala or Python (alternatively other languages)
- Hardware and Software Monitoring including Network performance
- Experience with design, management, implementation of Backup, Disaster Recovery and/or High Availability solutions
- Strong analytical skills and creative problem solver
- Strong team player capable of working in a corporate environment
- Advanced English and preferably other European language
- EU passport.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hadoop management tools (CDH CM and Ambari)
- Securing Hadoop clusters (SSO, Kerberos, KMS, SSL, SAML, Encryption at rest & in transit)
- Cloud platforms (AWS, MS Azure, GCP)
- Experience with Hadoop data processing (in particular Hive and Spark,)
- Experience developing processing pipelines for Hadoop solutions
- Experience with setting up data ingestion for Hadoop (e.g. NiFi, Sqoop, Kafka)
- Experience administrating relational and NoSQL databases
- Performance and capacity management.
You must be able to-
- manage long periods of time working on computers with predefined schedule
- interact and communicate with the client
- write programming code in applicable languages
- write project documentation in English.
- Technical trainings within Teradata University
- Every new hire gets a detailed training plan containing 2 weeks on-site training about Teradata architecture
- Language courses (Czech, German)
- Relocation bonus (if coming to Prague from abroad)
- 25 days of holiday a year
- Private medical care
- Meal vouchers in amount of 110 CZK/ day (Teradata contributes 83 CZK/day)
- Company’s contribution for the Pension fund (up to 3% of monthly gross salary)
- Life insurance
- Company’s assistance in case of sickness (25% of your gross base salary) in addition to local regulations
- Employee referral program (4,000$ USD)
- Sports and activities membership program
- Employee stock purchase program
- Contribution of 300$ USD for a mobile phone of your choice (every 2 years).
Community / Marketing Title: Big Data Platform Specialist
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ