GDC Practice Manager – Managed Services
Location: TAGUIG CITY, National Capital Region PH
Requisition Number: 205458
Position Title: Senior Manager, Managed Services
GDC Practice Manager – Managed Services
The GDC MS Practice Manager role is aligned to the Service Management Delivery Team and has responsibility for leading the MS delivery of projects within a Practice. The GDC MS PM has responsibility for a group of customers and assumes responsibility for the customer from the acquisition of the customer in the transition phase through the customer’s life cycle.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Practice Manager (PM) shares the overall objectives of the Service delivery managers and participates in initiatives and programs that are initiated at the overall practice level. In addition to the participation in the overall management of the Practice, the GDC PM is responsible for the following within the scope of assigned associates and customers:
- Assembles project delivery teams, appoints team leaders, balancing mix and skills sets of associates to meet project demands
- Responsible for team operational schedules, hours of coverage, on call, etc.
- Acts as primary point of offshore contact with the customer and with the assigned Service Manager
- Participates in Service Management meetings and all critical customer interactions
- Ensure weekly, monthly and quarterly deliverables are achieved and reviews all customer roadmaps to ensure both tactical and strategic impact can be achieved
- Deploys processes and ensures teams comply with standards of delivery
- Oversees technical delivery and acts as a mentor as required to advance technical knowledge within teams
- Ensures new knowledge is encapsulated in the form of best practices, processes and tools
- Participates in recruiting, interview and resource selection including people development, training & certification
- Is the direct reporting manager for all technical resources within his group, and recommends promotions, merits, and required HR actions
- Administers performance improvement plans when required for both projects and resources
- Administrative activities like ERP, PSA, ADP, GHRTC, etc. for direct reports including expense management
- Ensures that all projects are compliant with CMP processes
- Identifies Managed Services opportunities
- Is responsible for Contract Management (including Change Management, Project Audits, Financial Management)
- Ensures customer satisfaction and customer reporting (including SLA management)
- Responsible for risk mitigation and escalation management
- ITIL Foundation certified (Preferred)
- Working with PS to drive growth within the organization and help pre-sales activities.
The GDC PM is also responsible for the development of core knowledge and capabilities for Infrastructure/Operational and/or Application DBA skillsets, including DBA features and tools. This includes ensuring resources are trained to utilize established methodologies, tools and best practices and in the resource development role, provide the leadership required to continuously improve these assets through encapsulation of field-based experience.
Education and Experience:
- Engineering, BS, MBA, or MS in business, technical or professional discipline or equivalent work experience. Desired certifications like ITIL, Six Sigma, Agile, etc.
- Continuous education in DB administration, managed services and methodologies etc.
- Proven record in managing operations and P&L
- Proven experience in managing large multi-national, multi-cultural teams across geographies
- Technical Skills & experience in project activities is a plus
- Hands on experience in a number of business disciplines such as project management, consulting services, business operations, information technology, and software development with a proven ability and record of success.
- Proven relevant experience record of 5 years minimum demonstrating the ability to manage successful managed services organization/department deliveries including IM, RM, CM, PM etc.
- Minimum of 10 years as an internal or external consultant with broad project management, data warehouse and business intelligence exposure and experience in a variety of circumstances.
- Ability to work independently to manage large group of resources
- Task oriented and solution driven with focus on deliverables, cost and timelines.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Proactive, Innovative with an analytical mindset
- Be able to work under pressure in a challenging environment
- Fluent in English language. Additional language knowledge is a plus
- Customer oriented
- Ability to travel frequently and over extended period
- Ability to work within multiple time zones and diverse cultures
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Clear communicator across all levels from college hires to Teradata managers to client executives.
City: TAGUIG CITY
State: National Capital Region
Community / Marketing Title: GDC Practice Manager – Managed Services
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: TAGUIG CITY, National Capital Region PH