Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU
Requisition Number: 205456
Position Title: Engagement / Delivery IV
Teradata Consulting Services Role Description
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, scheduling, monitoring, and directing projects that incorporate Teradata or a Teradata solution meeting agreed upon client requirements and expected Teradata business results. The Project Manager requires excellent written and good spoken English skills; including being able to conduct business communication in the English language. The Project Manager may lead a single project or oversee multiple smaller sub-projects. The Project Manager manages Teradata employees and third party contractors to ensure projects meet established time, cost, technical, and quality objectives. The Project Manager supports projects beginning in the pre-contract sales process and will manage them through closeout. The Project Manager may be supported by additional Project Managers, and/or Project Tech Leads.
In order to hold an Australian Government Security Vetted clearance this role requires Australian Citizenship or be able to obtain clearance to a minimum level of baseline.
While the role is Canberra based the candidate may need to travel within the Australia and New Zealand region for various assignments as necessary.
Key Skills and Experience
- 10+ years working in IT
- Experience within or with government agencies
- Project Management certifications e.g PMP
- Project management experience of solutions involving on premises or cloud based data warehouse solutions, and big data analytics.
- Experience with Data Warehouse solutions, preferable
- Software development project management experience ( Agile & Waterfall), preferably for data warehousing projects
- Experienced & with demonstrated skills applying Agile practices (Scrum and Kanban) on Analytics projects
- Scrum and Kanban certifications, preferable
- Excellent presentation and facilitation, coaching and mentorship skills
- Strong client interaction, communication, and consulting skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior leaders and executives
- Demonstrated ability to influence, motivate and mobilise team members
Key Areas of Responsibilities
Sales Support & Business Development
- Lead the scoping, planning, cost estimating, and pricing of consulting projects. Responsible for statement of work development and risk assessment, including but not limited to defining goals and objectives, identifying and documenting client requirements, resource requirements, project budget, project risks, and the translation of the client’s business requirements into specific deliverables.
- During the engagement, identify future sales opportunities; participate in pre-sales planning, project pricing, bid review, and presentation of sales proposals. Acquire incremental business within the project through change control.
- Lead a data warehouse implementation project or a collection of multiple small projects. Examples include Teradata EDW, Teradata Aster, Hadoop, and other Teradata Solutions.
- Ensure projects are completed on-time, within budget, and within client expectations for quality and functionality.
- Manage client acceptance of the solution and manage client expectations in line with the agreed statement of work.
- Manage day-to-day relationship with client stakeholders and resolution of all issues.
- Maintain and communicate project status to all stakeholders in reports and status meetings.
- Build a project team, including Teradata employees, interstate resources, and contractors.
- Ensure proper set up of the engagement in the time keeping system, ensuring consultants and contractors are always current with their reported time. Produces project financial and status reports from PSA and EDW systems.
- Ensure monthly billings, timely collection of revenue, and manage procurement and payment to contractors.
Knowledge Capture & Reuse
- Ensure that PS knowledge resources and tools are fully leveraged (e.g. Teradata Agile for Analytics Methodology, Global Reference Information Architecture, and Control Framework)
- Lead project/engagement close-out debriefings to identify lessons learned and best practices
- Contribute to the Teradata Body of Knowledge
- Business Needs Analysis — Ability to understand the client’s requirements and guide the project team in defining outcomes within the context of the client’s business. Ability to assess the opportunities, benefits, risks, and success factors of a potential solution.
- Requirements Analysis and Management — Ability to systematically identify, document, and manage project requirements. Guiding the team in tracing the requirements from source through implementation and verification and controlling all requirements and scope change.
- Procurement/Supplier Management — Estimate, plan, and manage the work of subcontractors and other external project resources. Develop and manage subcontracting agreements.
- System/Technology Integration — Ability to identify and bring together a variety of technologies to deliver a complete information system that supports operational and management objectives.
- Project Planning and Organizing — Define project scope, estimate time, cost, and resource requirements. Plan project according to advocated Teradata PM Methodology. Assess project risk, develop risk mitigation strategies, and support the sales team to develop contracts and project pricing.
- Managing Project Implementation — Manage all aspect of post-sale implementation of a project.
- Testing Solutions — Ability to prepare for, administer, and validate the results of unit, vendor, component integration, system acceptance, deployment readiness, and user acceptance testing to ensure conformance to business, functional, and quality requirements.
- Tools and IP – Leverage and use of the Teradata Agile for Analytics Methodology, Global Reference Information Architecture, and Control Framework.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Knowledge of Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives.
- Understanding of the Teradata Reference Information Architecture
- Agile Delivery Experience – Strong practical experience in managing Agile projects with an understanding of DevOps techniques is highly desirable
- Coaching — Provide timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge and skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Decision-Making — Ability to use logical sound judgment and experience to determine the appropriate course of action based on scenario, procedures, and guidelines for a given situation.
- Problem-Solving — Gather and use information needed to develop effective solutions to difficult problems or situations.
- Facilitation and Meeting Management — Guide the activities of an individual, group, or team toward a desired result or outcome. Drive consensus and team ownership of decisions.
- Influencing Others — Ability to assert ideas and persuade others to commit to action.
- Conflict Management and Negotiation — Ability to come to sound agreements with counterparts in business or organizational situations where there is disagreement or differences in interest.
- Communications — Communicates effectively at all levels, with Teradata and client personnel internal and external to the project team. Communicates project status and issues effectively. Able to perform all project communications effectively in the English language with excellent written and good spoken English skills.
We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
State: Australian Capital Territory
Community / Marketing Title: Project Manager
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU