Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 205409
Position Title: Manager, Software Engineering
COME AND JOIN THE BIG DATA REVOLUTION
We are looking to hire an Engineering Manager to work at our prestigious Teradata R&D Labs at Hyderabad to be part of Teradata’s Analytical Ecosystem team and head the fast growing Feature Test group.
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, we help over 1,400 customers leverage their data like never before. Our people are the heart of our success. We are passionate about what we do. We ask questions. We know our customers intimately. We think differently. You can, too, if you love technology and what it can do. You have a global mindset, and want a dynamic place where capability and creativity merge … where your talents shine, where your future is yours to shape, where your innovations make the world better.
With primary development center in Hyderabad and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune we have more than 500 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack and its Unified Data Architecture. The Labs team in India work on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, both on the server and client side of the Teradata’s world renowned database platform, Aster, Hadoop, Teradata’s cloud offerings and performance engineering
Sounds appealing? Then, you belong with us – Teradata.
Fast-paced, flexible, fun. That describes our work environment… a place to brainstorm with the best data minds, engage customers and surprise yourself with what’s possible, every day.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CSE/ECE/IT or any core engineering, with more than 15 years of software engineering development experience. Candidate must have at least 4 years of engineering management experience. File systems and storage exposure with Kernel work is highly desirable
Role & Responsibilities
• Helps grow a team comprising of R&D Engineers, Developers, Feature Testers, & Sustainers in the Analytic Ecosystem Team
• Contributes, develops and continuously improves development team capabilities for database ingestion tools, Access modules, tools, etc.
• Be able to grasp the existing Teradata Analytics Platform.
• Responsible for shaping the careers of Engineers, setting of goals and objectives and tracking progress, measuring success parameters, & through with the appraisal process.
• Proven working experience in software engineering
• 10+ years of relevant Dev experience, preferably in R&D based teams.
• 5+ years of Management experience dealing with people management issues.
• Excellent understanding of development processes & methodologies
• Programming experience in C/C++
• Feature testing and automation
• Strong analytical abilities involving complex software in a parallel processing environment
• Ability to work effectively in a team
• Strong communication skills
• Understanding of RDBMS concepts
• Excellent people and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of Distributed Systems
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Manager
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN