Sales Director - Australian Government
Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU
Requisition Number: 205340
Position Title: Sales Director
We now have an exciting opportunity for Australian Government Sales Director based in Canberra.
As the successful candidate you will have strong leadership skills and a commitment to grow the Australian Federal Government organization. This role will focus on the sales activities and sales operations which includes:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive sales and marketing strategy for the Australia Government market.
- Increase revenues, profitability and market share, in line with the overall Teradata strategy.
- Lead and manage people, maintain an effective, motivated and collaborative team.
- Demonstrate leadership.
- Build and reinforce sustainable relationships with existing and new customers by representing appropriate solutions to senior executives in client organization.
- Report to the vice-president of the South Asia and Pacific (SA&P) business, and communicate regularly with peers in SA&P, APAC and global teams.
You will manage sales and business results in the territory as if operating your own business while acting in the best interests of Teradata. This means helping the sales representatives to solidify, elevate and nurture relationships within key customer accounts, and all members of support groups internal to Teradata. You will also serve as a liaison between members of the management team, internal sales support teams, and the sales team. You will be involved in management decisions and key face-to-face interactions with customers.
Key Areas of Responsibility / Core Competencies
Sales Leadership: Motivate and empower a sales team to achieve a common goal, including:
- Providing a shared vision, modelling the way, and invite change to the status quo to advocate new initiatives aligned with Teradata strategy. This involves providing clear direction, promote change, influencing others, and creating an environment that fosters professional and personal success
- Maximize sales across targeted customers leveraging various channels of distribution, both direct and indirect as appropriate.
- Develop and/or capitalize on industry knowledge and contacts to uncover business opportunities.
- Drive development of new business opportunities and closure of new account business
Managing Business Results: Managing Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) growth, order and revenue generation, and business profitability, while meeting strategic business objectives, including:
- Territory design, funnel management, forecasting, resource planning, asset management, and pricing decisions
- Manage the sales funnel and the line of sight. Accurately forecast business results/outlook
- Relationship Management (external): Establish and nurture the professional business relationship between with clients at various levels of their organization
- Relationship management (internal): maintain and influence relationships with internal business partners and resources across Teradata
Sales Coaching and Development: The ability to coach, mentor and develop sales associates to enhance their performance, including:
- Coaching both sales skills and sales strategy. This also includes evaluating performance and providing one-on-one mentoring and development plans
- Utilize extended team members including demand creation business & technical professionals, post-sale delivery professionals, and management, to achieve business objectives
- Recognize wins and celebrate successes to build team morale
Development of Solution Selling Skills and Capabilities: The development of solution selling skills and capabilities within the sales team.
- Fast-paced, multi-tasking
- Making decisions about business, strategies and people
- Counselling, coaching, training and managing people resources
- Driving change
- Flexible work practices
- Empowering employees across the globe. Teradata volunteers unleashes the power of the human spirit. Teradata provides every employee four days a year during normal work hours to volunteer in support of local charities.
At Teradata, our greatest strength lies in our people and we value the different perspectives, styles, backgrounds and experiences of all our employees. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace culture where everyone feels welcome, respected, supported, valued and can be themselves.
State: Australian Capital Territory
Community / Marketing Title: Sales Director - Australian Government
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU