Account Executive Retail
Location: Antony, Ile-de-France FR
Requisition Number: 205307
Position Title: Commercial Sales V
Account Executive - Retail
Teradata empowers companies to get the right answers to their toughest business questions through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and advanced analyticspowered with Artificial Intelligence, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata, our people and our customers the best we can be.
The Account Executive Retail is responsible for direct solution sales (orders and revenue) tothe assigned customers from different industries in France. The person is responsible for the profitable sales of Teradata solution portfolio products including software, hardware, professional services, and support services while developing trusted relationships with the customers. This includes solutions such as advanced analytics, real time customer interaction and customer journey, demand planning, assets & operations, and workforce optimization.
• Establish trusted relationships while widening and deepening the network of contacts within the customer
• Continuous self-education and proactive learning of new skills and abilities to master the Teradata Sales Process and to be up-to-date with Teradata solutions
• Active engagement with customers inviting customers to Teradata events and social network engagement (LinkedIn)
• Capitalize on industry knowledge and external contacts to uncover new business opportunities
• Effectively advise and influence customers through consultative selling techniques
• Research the customer environment to be able to populate the business impact model
• Articulate the solution in terms of ROI and TCO to the customer
• Utilize Teradata team members including post-sale delivery professionals, pre-sale technical professionals, and management to achieve business objectives and mature sales cycles
• Rely on and further develop excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to initiate and maintain executive-level interaction and customer satisfaction and to create strong interpersonal relationships with Teradata colleagues and external partners
• Develop new business opportunities through proactive up- and cross selling
• Close profitable TERADATA scalable data warehouse solution business incorporating hardware, software, professional services, and customer services
• Understand and articulate the value of Teradata Professional Services
Skills & Attributes
A successful candidate should be proactive, driven, creative, a self-starter and strategic thinker. The candidate should look at his client base as if it was his own business and take on accountability for this. The candidate must possess the ability to lead, advise and advocate for customers.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills: Verbal, written and body-language
• Retail Industry and account knowledge and its current business challenges in France
• 5+ years’ experience in selling software & services specifically in the analytics and data management space
• Demonstrated success in sales. 80%+ success record for making sales goals
• Demonstrated success developing new opportunities at Director- and C-Level
• Languages: Native French and Business safe English
• Previous experience selling Analytics, Big Data, and Data Warehousing solutions
Community / Marketing Title: Account Executive Retail
Job Category: Sales
Location_formattedLocationLong: Antony, Ile-de-France FR