Administrative Assistant III
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 205294
Position Title: Administrative Assistant III
Administrative Assistant to the Senior Vice President of Strategic Programs
Location: San Diego, CA
Reporting directly to the SVP Strategic Programs, the Administrative Assistant provides senior leadership support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Administrative Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to Strategic Partnerships. The Administrative Assistant also will provide support to two strategic partnership VP’s as well as serving at the liaison to Executive Assistants and the Executive Leadership Team (ELT). The Administrative Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that is purpose/values-driven, results-driven and community-oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Administrative Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Completes a wide variety of administrative tasks for the SVP including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the SVP's schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the SVP's time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the SVP, with Executive Leadership Team, SVP Leadership Team, key agency executives and others, on matters related to SVP’s programmatic initiatives.
- Research, prioritize, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the SVP, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the SVP’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the SVP to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the SVP updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the SVP, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgment letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the SVP's ability to effectively lead the marketing function.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Strategic Partnership Steering Committee and Direct Report Leadership Team Liaison
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Strategic Partnership Leadership Team to include assisting in scheduling meetings.
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Strategic Partnership Steering Committees to include assisting in scheduling meetings.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of the above meetings as required.
External Executive Support
- Plays an essential role in coordinating meetings, agendas, locations, and food for meetings with strategic partnership 3rd party executives as required.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, ELT members, Members of the Board, external partners and external executives.
- Expert-level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Continuous learner
- Based in Rancho Bernardo
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree preferred, not required
- Strong work tenure: five to 10 years of experience supporting Senior Leadership, preferably in a high-tech organization
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media platforms.
- Proficient at trip, event , travel and expenses planning and management.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Administrative Assistant III
Job Category: Administrative
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US